LMU Film Production Application Help!

justin

I'm currently working on my Film Production applications for LMU. I have only submitted my resume and visual supplement (the bare minimum). Does anyone recommend submitting extra work such photography and written composition etc? What exactly is a written composition? A short story? I need all the help I can get!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
What exactly is a written composition? A short story?
I'd have to look at the application instructions. Do you have a link to it or can you post it here? But just from seeing the term I think it can be any kind of written work such as a script or short story. Or heck even a poem. I think whatever it is it should show off your storytelling chops. :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Yes a short story, script, or narrative poem would apply to the instructions. Something to show you as a storyteller.

Your portfolio should include:

1. A one-page creative and professional resume. This resume should be in chronological order and submitted in PDF file. We are looking for the breadth of your experience. The presentation should be professional.
  2. A creative visual submission. You may submit up to three of the following creative formats, but one is typical (and sufficient). This visual statement will reflect the creative elements and talents you would like to share with the Production department:
  • Film/Video/Performance Piece (no more than 3 minutes in length)
  • Photography (up to four samples)
  • Written Composition (no more than 500 words)
  • Animation sample or project (no more than 3 minutes in length)
To submit artwork, photographs, or a writing sample, upload a PDF or JPEG containing your work. For video, create an account on Vimeo or YouTube and upload the link to your film as one of your submissions. We discourage setting any password protection for project submissions. This may cause a delay in the review of the applicant’s application.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous