LMU MFA Applicants 2014/2015

Don't Worry.

Nothing can be said until the final call.

After waiting for months, Might as well bear the last few days.
Be Optimistic.

Hi.. Its the same, TV and Film Production for me.

I don't know whether an interview is mandatory or not.
But, same as Brenda8888 , it is for second language check ( I am an international applicant from India).

Having said that, It's confusing because I was to be interviewed 2 hours back today, I have been waiting on skype..Still have to receive a response .
The fun part being that my LMU page already says "Admitted" .

This is wrecking my brains. :s

But, Seriously .Do not lose hope. I wish we all join the same classroom.
Cheers :)

Hi V.Ron,

Thank you for your information. Congratulations!!!! You definitely get in LMU.
May I ask you further detail of your interview?
Who are your interviewers? And what did they ask you? general questions or went through your application portfolio?
I still have some time to prepare these questions. And two hours that is amazing!!!!

Brenda8888 V.Ron

I received the interview invitation too. I am also an international applicant from Shanghai. V.Ron have you conducted the interview yet? I replied their email of choosing an interview time, but two days have passed, no response received, and it is approaching the time I've chosen...

Brenda8888 V.Ron

I received the interview invitation too. I am also an international applicant from Shanghai. V.Ron have you conducted interviewed yet? I replied their email of choosing an interview time, but two days has past, no response received, and it is approaching the time I've chosen...

Brenda8888 V.Ron

It's weird. Once you choose the time slot, the administrative members or professors will confirm the interview time in two days. Even in other school, I would never have this experience like you. Maybe you should double check with the person who wrote the invitation to you.
Good Luck:)

Brenda8888 I received a mail confirming that I Got in. And about the Interview..I still haven't received it. Actually, Ms. Wheatley mentioned that she wanted to fix a meeting today..but some logistical problem. But, The point being that it isn't Really an "interview" of sorts. And definitely not essential to get a call from LMU. Ps- I would definitely write about the Skype meeting as soon as I talk to Ms.Kennedy Wheatley , perhaps in a day or two.

Brenda8888 I received a mail confirming that I Got in. And about the Interview..I still haven't received it. Actually, Ms. Wheatley mentioned that she wanted to fix a meeting today..but some logistical problem. But, The point being that it isn't Really an "interview" of sorts. And definitely not essential to get a call from LMU. Ps- I would definitely write about the Skype meeting as soon as I talk to Ms.Kennedy Wheatley , perhaps in a day or two.

Congrats! Hope to see you here next year!

(Random coincidence: I'm actually doing work for Professor Wheatley's class as we speak! Haha)

Congratulations! V.Ron. Hope to see you in LMU :D

Amazing! Congrats!! I do hope I could get in too. But no interview no other sign drives me crazy.

I just got off from a meeting with Ms.Wheatley.

She's very welcoming. We talked about so many things that I have lost track..But.Why LMU was one staple question to start with..Then she told me about her own experiences and the kind of faculty, students ,internships, weather conditions at LMU. It was fun and the wasn't a quintessential interview.

We talked for 48 minutes .Yeah!
Meanwhile, she told me about the school and that they take up about 24 people in the graduate program for production and that the school is fairly small. It was very interesting because she gave her insight on certain documentaries nominated for Oscars this year. We discussed the kind of films I like and she planned to link me up with current LMU students that share the kind of interests I do.

She wasn't insistent and even tried to explain the major differences between films schools like USC,NYU and calarts.

All in all. Its a choice I have To make..NYU in waiting
Btw.She is pretty psyched about the impressive class this year and I am sure you guys would make it.

PS- 10k scholarship is an incentive!

She's very welcoming. We talked about so many things that I have lost track..But.Why LMU was one staple question to start with..Then she told me about her own experiences and the kind of faculty, students ,internships, weather conditions at LMU. It was fun and the wasn't a quintessential interview.

Meanwhile, she told me about the school and that they take up about 24 people in the graduate program for production and that the school is fairly small. It was very interesting because she gave her insight on certain documentaries nominated for Oscars this year. We discussed the kind of films I like and she planned to link me up with current LMU students that share the kind of interests I do.

She wasn't insistent and even tried to explain the major differences between films schools like USC,NYU and calarts.

Btw.She is pretty psyched about the impressive class this year and I am sure you guys would make it.

Congrats again! If you have any questions about the program from a student's POV, don't hesitate to ask!

Hey guys! I'm new around here! I've applied to LMU for the MFA in film and television production. Its been a while now and my status in the mylmu account still shows referred. After reading the thread here was just curious to know whether there are any latest updates!

Hey! I've applied for the MFA in Film and television production too. I just wanted to know when exactly did your mylmu status change or rather when did you get a notification about your decision? Also when around did you submit your application? Because my status still shows referred and I haven't got a call or anything of that sort so I was just curious to know whats happening..

Congrats again! If you have any questions about the program from a student's POV, don't hesitate to ask!
Hi.. It would be great..to get your Insight..much needed!
Could I find you on Facebook?

dan24 hi.. I applied in January . Your status would change to "Admitted " once you are selected..and they would mail you. All the best.

thanks a lot everyone. ! :)

V.Ron Thank you! My package reached them in January as well but still awaiting their reply. Did you by any chance with regards to your application, kind of follow up with them or something?

Hi Yvonne~
How is your interview?

Well, I finished my interview two days ago, and Kennedy told me in the end of the interview that they would offer me a place and a small amount of scholarship. I am waiting for their email confirmation and my status in the system is still "referred". How about you? Have you received any updates?

Wow, 10k scholarship is cool! Much more than mine:) Kennedy offered you this amount of scholarship at the end of interview? Congratulations! You must be excellent! Have you received the email confirmation yet?

yvonnelee414
Thanks for the kind words.
I hope you had a good interview.

I received an email confirmation on 24th March.
dan24 . Hey..I did not have any follow up as such..But they emailed me in the second week of March asking for official internation transcript..that I hadn't sent across by then..Though I received a confirmation after that little issue was solved.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back