LMU MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Holleration, Etc.)

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé

In the spirit of last year's phone calls going on March 1st for LMU, I figured I'd establish the safe haven and anxiety riddled LMU-specific thread. Kick of your shoes, answer the poll, and make yourselves at home.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Where is my LMU phone call?!!! :O

Edit: I've never logged into PROWL until this evening. There's so much stuff there! :O

Last edited:

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Nope, no contact over here.
I may email them next Monday or Tuesday if nothing...

Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.
Teehee hee well I love "it happens when it happens" oh hehe that is excellent :/

icygee

If we don't hear anything by the end of this week

icygee

Just got the phone call!!

icygee

Just got the call, too! Woo! Any idea when we might hear about scholarship info?
I think last year's thread said financial aid stuff came w/ the mailed packet

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.

icygee

Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.
You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg
Omg no definitely not true!!! Not a superhuman at all!

Congrats on the acceptance though! We're going to grad school!!!

germbug

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.

icygee

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.
Based on the numbers I've found for this year it's $1,162 per credit and at 51 credits to graduate that's about 60k thus I think your calculations look right. Hopefully they let that financial aid fly like its a damn strip club.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Staff member
FilmSchool.org Writer
Wow, @Kira, did you get into every grad school you applied to? That's insane---you must have had one hell of an application!

Hahah I am just as surprised as you are! I am very, very lucky.
I sent a couple of shorts and had a spec script for Hannibal.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • AlcB
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Art + Science (B.A. & B.F.A.)
    3.00 star(s)
    Good undergrad craft school
    I'd like to preface this by saying I graduated a while ago. It's possible that the school has changed significantly since then so take what I say...
    • Anonymous
  • American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    1.00 star(s)
    Very Unhappy with the Film Program
    I apologize for the very long post, but I have a lot of things to say about the Film and Media Arts department at AU. I am EXTREMELY unhappy...
    • Anonymous
  • LMU - Film & Television Production (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent choice for a well-rounded film education experience
    LMU's Film and Television Production MFA program is a great choice for students who want a well-rounded film education. You are able to make both...
    • A248
  • USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous