LMU MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Holleration, Etc.)

Is a hot dog a sandwich?

• Yes

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 84.6%

• Total voters

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé

In the spirit of last year's phone calls going on March 1st for LMU, I figured I'd establish the safe haven and anxiety riddled LMU-specific thread. Kick of your shoes, answer the poll, and make yourselves at home.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Where is my LMU phone call?!!! :O

Edit: I've never logged into PROWL until this evening. There's so much stuff there! :O

Last edited:

mbosma

So does anyone have any contact with the school? Indication on when we will start to hear back this year ?

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Nope, no contact over here.
I may email them next Monday or Tuesday if nothing...

Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Ok so here's the tea......
I called yesterday, unsure of who I spoke to, but it was literally the weirdest thing in the world. I was trying to see when we could expect decisions and she was giggling the whole time?
But whatever basically she told me that there's "no expected timeline" and "it happens when it happens." Ok work sis.
Teehee hee well I love "it happens when it happens" oh hehe that is excellent :/

icygee

If we don't hear anything by the end of this week

Neuroses called so I called again and this time I spoke with a man. We should hear back within 2 weeks. Happy Hunger Games.

icygee

Just got the phone call!!

icygee

Just got the call, too! Woo! Any idea when we might hear about scholarship info?
I think last year's thread said financial aid stuff came w/ the mailed packet

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.

icygee

Congrats guys! I got the call as well.

She said they'll send a physical acceptance and email.
You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
You are LITERALLY a superhuman omg
Omg no definitely not true!!! Not a superhuman at all!

Congrats on the acceptance though! We're going to grad school!!!

germbug

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.

icygee

Anyone have a gage on what the baseline tuition is? It's looking like it's around 20k per year, but I'm wondering if my calculations are off? I can't seem to find any set number.
Based on the numbers I've found for this year it's $1,162 per credit and at 51 credits to graduate that's about 60k thus I think your calculations look right. Hopefully they let that financial aid fly like its a damn strip club.

Septopus7

Staff member
Supporting Member
Wow, @Kira, did you get into every grad school you applied to? That's insane---you must have had one hell of an application!

Kira

MFA TV Writer @UCLA
Wow, @Kira, did you get into every grad school you applied to? That's insane---you must have had one hell of an application!
Hahah I am just as surprised as you are! I am very, very lucky.
I sent a couple of shorts and had a spec script for Hannibal.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse