LMU MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Holleration, Etc.)

Lowkey wish the email from Anna wasn't Bcc'ed, I'm trying to be a nosy bitch and see who else got into LMU. Also I hope the physical letter includes scholly/fin aid info because I'm poor as fuck.

Also a hot dog is literally a sandwich and I rebuke all but one of you.

when i grow up, I wanna be famous I wanna be a star I wanna be Kira
hahahaha omg
if you wanna be me just eat junk food while watching phantom of the opera and cry

Lowkey wish the email from Anna wasn't Bcc'ed, I'm trying to be a nosy bitch and see who else got into LMU. Also I hope the physical letter includes scholly/fin aid info because I'm poor as fuck.
same
omg same though. I didn't even realize it was Bbc'd until you wrote that.
I hope the letter comes soon!

Also a hot dog is literally a sandwich and I rebuke all but one of you.
yaaas this is why we're friends
like how is it NOT a sandwich

Has anyone received their award letters in the mail yet? Feeling like I can't get *too* stoked until I know all the facts. But still stoked regardless.

Has anyone received their award letters in the mail yet? Feeling like I can't get *too* stoked until I know all the facts. But still stoked regardless.
Still haven't gotten mine yet but I'm attributing that to the god awful snowstorm we just had in Jersey.

I was perusing last year's thread and it looks like they didn't find out about aid until after they deposited which

ir.ashx

Late to the party but just got accepted into production! Am an international applicant, so just an email, no call.

Letter came in. Postmarked 3/17. Biggest takeaway is the $500 deposit due on 3/31. Says that financial aid status can be viewed online and that a follow up letter will come along WRT class registration.

Guess if I don't hear back from USC within the next 10 days, LMU it is (which I'm lowkey excited about)

Hi! I too was admitted, via email, about a week ago -- into the Production program. Paranoid they're gonna offer zilch. Question: Anyone else been working for a few years in TV, and now is considering quitting to head back to school? Or is everyone fresh out of undergrad?

@TRA I was intensively looking into the financial aid website @ work today and they have a looooooot of named scholarships and quite a few specifically for graduate students. It would however be nice to have some peace of mind with the $$$ logistics.

Also I'm nearing 2 years out of undergrad but I've been working in a completely unrelated field.

@TRA I was intensively looking into the financial aid website @ work today and they have a looooooot of named scholarships and quite a few specifically for graduate students. It would however be nice to have some peace of mind with the $$$ logistics.

Also I'm nearing 2 years out of undergrad but I've been working in a completely unrelated field.

Good to know. I'll look into it, thanks!

And a $500 deposit? Was $250 last year, I read.

Jesus, this whole thing is giving me hot flashes..... I haven't thought about applying, scholarships, etc. since 2005 - the year I started undergrad. :O

I was admitted into LMU's WPTV program, by phone call and email, physical letter finally arrived yesterday.

My concern is that the $500 deposit is due before I will hear back from my other schools, and the letter states if it isn't received "you will forfeit your place" and "No exceptions will be made." LMU is a good school, and in my top consideration, but this seems really heavy-handed. They must know the other schools haven't notified yet!

@TRA I was in the work force for 10 years before going back to finish my BA, so I am 34 and fresh out of undergrad!

Has anyone sent in their deposits yet? Did you have to mail in a check?
I'm sending mine tomorrow or Wednesday via 2-day USPS.

Sent in my deposit on Tuesday and am frantically tracking it. (But I did respond to Anna's email that I sent it so hopefully if some mail accident happens and it doesn't get to them on time I'll be accounted for)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back