rladsbgud

Hello! I have been accepted to both LMU and Emerson under Film Production (both with scholarships). I am currently trying to choose between the two... I know that both schools are highly regarded for their programs in Film however I'm not quite sure which school would suit me and also benefit me after graduating. Any opinions?

Last edited:

gm2024

Everyone I know in New York (SVA, Ithaca, etc.) knows at least one person that has transferred from Emerson. Also, I heard Emerson raised their tuition without raising their aid. LMU's location is a plus -- it's right near the beach and very convenient to have meetings with industry professionals in the LA area -- LMU would benefit you better after graduating if you intend to live in California. I believe Emerson also has an LA program (?) but I suggest looking into it... If I were you, I'd choose LMU.

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21