LMU Writing for the Screen 2019

Lifeisnoholiday

I was notified a couple days ago there was a mixup with my transcripts, so I'm still trying to sort that out. Maybe that's delayed things.
Same thing here. I'm not sure if that has to do with their decision, however. Keeping people in the dark just because of some transcript issues would be weird.

Shade

Same thing here. I'm not sure if that has to do with their decision, however. Keeping people in the dark just because of some transcript issues would be weird.
I'm sure they're just swamped. Better to wait and see what happens. All schools will be making decisions in the following weeks so I'm trying not to think about it until we receive an email either way. Back to writing :)

alanray

Hey, I got accepted today! It feels so cool! So anyone waiting for their decision, don't give up! This isn't over!
Yo CONGRATS! That's great. I've honestly been a fucking wreck these last few days since I haven't gotten any email from LMU yet. Still waiting... I keep thinking about how much better I could have answered the "Why LMU?" question.

Lifeisnoholiday

Yo CONGRATS! That's great. I've honestly been a fucking wreck these last few days since I haven't gotten any email from LMU yet. Still waiting... I keep thinking about how much better I could have answered the "Why LMU?" question.
Thanks!! Hey, I completely effed up the "do you have any questions" part. As in actually saying "ummmmmm, but I came to answer you questions, not to ask mine". And still got in. (Okay, I half-assed some questions eventually). So don't put too much pressure on yourself!

alanray

Thanks!! Hey, I completely effed up the "do you have any questions" part. As in actually saying "ummmmmm, but I came to answer you questions, not to ask mine". And still got in. (Okay, I half-assed some questions eventually). So don't put too much pressure on yourself!
Haha that's funny. But that's good though. Yeah I did pretty good with asking them questions at least. Fingers crossed! Thanks! Did you get the acceptance by email?

Lifeisnoholiday

Haha that's funny. But that's good though. Yeah I did pretty good with asking them questions at least. Fingers crossed! Thanks! Did you get the acceptance by email?
Yeah, the email was actually a notification that my application status has changed... and there it was! Congrats, you're accepted, and all that

BuddernScotch

Hi everyone. Checked my email after a while of not having wifi. Was in a tiny village in China saying goodbye to the most beautiful soul in the world. Right after that we left for Japan for a wedding and I decided I could muster up the courage to check my app statuses. And I got an email! On March 5th that I was accepted to LMU :):) it was the interview I felt I did the best at. The others I did, afi - cried. Ucla - cut out because of connections every 10 seconds :'(

I am so ecstatic and perhaps I will see some of you in LA!!!!!!!!@&=&¥÷×¥₩×?@ jdoemdnglrlw0sm

Lifeisnoholiday

Hi everyone. Checked my email after a while of not having wifi. Was in a tiny village in China saying goodbye to the most beautiful soul in the world. Right after that we left for Japan for a wedding and I decided I could muster up the courage to check my app statuses. And I got an email! On March 5th that I was accepted to LMU :):) it was the interview I felt I did the best at. The others I did, afi - cried. Ucla - cut out because of connections every 10 seconds :'(

I am so ecstatic and perhaps I will see some of you in LA!!!!!!!!@&=&¥÷×¥₩×?@ jdoemdnglrlw0sm
Wow, congratulations!

alanray

Does anyone know how the LMU acceptance window works? I know they just started going out this week, should I even be freaking out yet?

Lifeisnoholiday

Does anyone know how the LMU acceptance window works? I know they just started going out this week, should I even be freaking out yet?
In my interview, they told the decision would come by the end of March at the latest, so no, don't freak out. For what it's worth, I received my acceptance letter a few days ago, and I also have until the end of March to make a deposit.

alanray

In my interview, they told the decision would come by the end of March at the latest, so no, don't freak out. For what it's worth, I received my acceptance letter a few days ago, and I also have until the end of March to make a deposit.
Ahhh that's reassuring. Much love! 🙂

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Rejected unfortunately :(. LMU was more of a safety school for me but it still stings all the same

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Ah :( I think I saw you post somewhere you got interviews at other places, east coast? The big ones :) so things probably are going to go fine for you!
Yeah, I interviewed with NYU, Columbia, and AFI. AFI is my first choice, so fingers crossed for that. Thanks btw

alanray

Rejected unfortunately :(. LMU was more of a safety school for me but it still stings all the same
Aw man that sucks... Yeah being rejected in anything is always hard. I'm preparing myself for some of my own. But hey, you got interviewed by AFI, NYU, and Columbia! Just getting into one of those programs would be amazing! Keep your chin up, I hope you get into some of them.

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard anything from LMU so I don't know if I'm out now or what, since they've started sending out rejections. I don't know how their system works, but we'll see. I'm prepared for either answer. I was really hoping to use LMU as a safety net if I didn't get into AFI on Friday :/

BuddernScotch

Aw man that sucks... Yeah being rejected in anything is always hard. I'm preparing myself for some of my own. But hey, you got interviewed by AFI, NYU, and Columbia! Just getting into one of those programs would be amazing! Keep your chin up, I hope you get into some of them.

Meanwhile, I still haven't heard anything from LMU so I don't know if I'm out now or what, since they've started sending out rejections. I don't know how their system works, but we'll see. I'm prepared for either answer. I was really hoping to use LMU as a safety net if I didn't get into AFI on Friday :/
I think someone got their acceptance last week so before an outright rejection I wouldn't count yourself out. But if it's your safety and you were interviewed by AFI then you should be fiiiine. AFI suplosedly interviewed near what they were accepting. And my interview was a disaster so more chances for you! Xd

alanray

I think someone got their acceptance last week so before an outright rejection I wouldn't count yourself out. But if it's your safety and you were interviewed by AFI then you should be fiiiine. AFI suplosedly interviewed near what they were accepting. And my interview was a disaster so more chances for you! Xd
Yeah a decent amount of people got acceptances last week, they started going out pretty recently still so we'll see. Thanks! Yeah I heard about that for AFI as well, hopefully a good sign. Hey, don't count yourself out! Maybe what you saw as a weakness in the interview they saw as something they were looking for. You never know the mind of who's interviewing you 😅

Lifeisnoholiday

Hey, it's their loss! And yes, you already interviewed with two legendary tier schools (plus Columbia). I've heard stories of people who got rejected from, say, Northwestern, while successfully getting into Ivy League.

Cody Young

Tattoo/Film Enthusiast
Supporting Member

Here’s hoping for both of us that we are able to get into AFI

Latest Applications

Latest reviews