LMU Writing & Producing for TV 2021

I'm guessing we'll hear from them very soon. 5 days ago, they emailed me regarding an issue with my FAFSA application for Scholarship consideration, so I believe they're ready to take the bun out of the oven!

I'm guessing we'll hear from them very soon. 5 days ago, they emailed me regarding an issue with my FAFSA application for Scholarship consideration, so I believe they're ready to take the bun out of the oven!
🥶🥶🥶 this just got me so much more nervous/excited!!!! We’re so close I can feel it!

This is the school I’m hoping for the most 🤧 good luck to everyone and I hope we see each other in the fall! How did y’all feel about your interviews?
LMU is my top one (considering it’s the only one I applied to) as well. I’m so excited to possibly meet y’all soon! I’ve been itching to meet new people after being cooped up for so long lol. Crossing my fingers for all of us!!

I honestly felt kinda meh about it, since mine felt very rushed and I kinda got the vibe they were getting tired of conducting the same interview by the time I had mine (Feb 26th). So I didn’t get to express my thoughts clearly imo, plus they barely gave me time to ask my questions, which again, I don’t rly blame them for. How’d you think you did?

Aghhh did they tell you then that you’ll know in 3 weeks? They didn’t tell me anything, just that I’ll hear from them soon/in a few weeks!!
Oh, they just said a few... I guess I desperately interpreted that as three. 🥲

This is the school I’m hoping for the most 🤧 good luck to everyone and I hope we see each other in the fall! How did y’all feel about your interviews?
I thought mine went well! At one point they did kind of school me about my answer to a philosophical question they posed, but I think it at least gave them an idea of my values as a writer. I was responsive to their feedback while still holding my ground, I think. Otherwise, I had a nice time, but also I felt wired just from the sheer amount of nerves I had, so I don't really know if it went as well as I think it did.

Sponge Bob Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Oh, they just said a few... I guess I desperately interpreted that as three. 🥲

I thought mine went well! At one point they did kind of school me about my answer to a philosophical question they posed, but I think it at least gave them an idea of my values as a writer. I was responsive to their feedback while still holding my ground, I think. Otherwise, I had a nice time, but also I felt wired just from the sheer amount of nerves I had, so I don't really know if it went as well as I think it did.

Sponge Bob Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants
What was the philosophical question? What did you say? I'm intrigued!

What was the philosophical question? What did you say? I'm intrigued!
I had mentioned that I was exposing myself with an open mind to unfamiliar/uncomfortable political and social views and they asked me if I thought I could write a character without judgement. After some thought, I said yes. They disagreed and explained their POV, and I said that's fair and explained that I only meant I felt I could write a character's lines and actions without judgement and that certainly I would have to exact my judgement of their words/actions via consequences I create (or lack thereof). That was the gist. They also had a little laugh when I said I believed that most people want to make the world better.

Here's hoping my naïveté doesn't cost me admission, lol.

AHHHHHH!!! Just got my acceptance letter for MFA Writing for the Screen!!!!! :)

I just got my acceptance for the Writing & Producing for Television! I can't even process anything other than SQUEEEE!

Just got my acceptance too!!! My brain sounds how Jojo Siwa looks rn 😭

AHHHHHH!!! Just got my acceptance letter for MFA Writing for the Screen!!!!! :)
Congrats!!!! Get the party going over in the LMU private forum. :)

You'll get access to the LMU private forum and you can create a thread that only you guys can see. Good way to meet your classmates.

I just checked my email and got my acceptance too for Writing for the Screen!!!!!!!! Oh my gosh!!!!
Oh yayyyy! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for us.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back