London Film School Applicants 2021

Joepaolella7

Hi all,

I've just had my interview for the MA in Filmmaking at LFS, and I'm just looking for anyone that might have any insight into this course? Maybe a past or current student?

Michealscarn

Hi Joe,

I would like to talk to you about this subject matter in private?
Do you have an Instagram I could DM you on?
Cheers
Mike

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
Hi Joe,

I would like to talk to you about this subject matter in private?
Do you have an Instagram I could DM you on?
Cheers
Mike
You can click on the username and do "start conversation" for a private message on the site.

Tillym

I too am interviewing for the Filmmaking MFA at LFS - any insight onto the course would be gratefully received!

Hey guys :)

I got accepted to the LFS ‘21 intake (well I deferred until next year) and I actually emailed maybe 40-50 previous grads - varying graduation years - and just asked if I could speak to them about their experience - what they liked, what they didn’t, what they are doing now, what they have taken from the course and even how they paid for it. Mostly just friendly chats.

The response was uniformly good apart from one guy and I’ll explain his grievances later. I spoke to a bunch of people and life after LFS consisted of Sundance VR success to writing drafts for a new film for Film4. Many people commented on how intense the course can be and how much work goes into it since you are working on so many films back to back. Interestingly one woman I spoke to (the VR Sundance filmmaker) had issue with how the school seemed to favour artistic dramas with a core human element. Kitchen Sink dramas I guess - loyal to their history I suppose. Fair enough) however she did like how she could openly discuss that with her tutor (Femi something), she said he was great and the school are opening up more to non-traditional storytelling and fantasy etc.

One guy didn’t like LFS because he called it a popularity contest. What he meant by this was that because not every single students films can be made each term I believe there is some sort of selection by committee for what we’ll be working on. He mentioned how he had a friend whose dream was to become a cinematographer but actually did not get many chances to take that role because he wasn’t given that role by the director (his fellow students whenever they got their shot).

The money thing - loans, inheritance money, parents and some people had flexible jobs.

All in all it was good feedback no doubt. It was actually very nice to speak to them all, cool people and up to cool things now. Like all things I suppose it truly is what you put in that you’ll get out. I also have a friend who is a current student and I am producing her graduation film so Ive been able to speak to her about it and all things considered she loves it. Just a lot of work.

Hope this was helpful :)

AK006

Hi all,

I've just had my interview for the MA in Filmmaking at LFS, and I'm just looking for anyone that might have any insight into this course? Maybe a past or current student?
Hi, how was your interview? Did you get into the course?

I am wondering if someone out there can help with insights into the course at LFS?

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous