Loyola Marymount Fall 2010

Congrats wyy123!

I was told people would be notified by Late Feb through April!?!

Couple of questions:

Who signed off on the acceptance letter/

Were you accepted for screenwriting or Film production?

If you don't mind me asking, what was your GRE and GPA scores?

Also, is your undergrad work in Film?

Well the letter says upon recommendation from the School of Film...and the approval of Dean Stephen Duncan, yadayada...you have been accepted (sorry that's the first paragraph paraphrased by me). Signed by Chake Kouyoumigan.

Applied for Film Production

Undergrad in Business Management and English and I'm getting an MBA right now.

Written a few screenplays, made a few shorts. I sent in my application in November with all my others so it was really early.

Don't get worried everyone, it's super early.

Hey wyy123!

Who did you get to speak to on the extension?

Did they give you any sharable info on their selection process?

I called Grad Admissions Office and was told My complete App is in their hands as we speak.

I am hoping they haven't finished already as I have received nothing in the mail and LMU is my preferred/only choice for what I hope to do with film.

I've only talked to Chake Kouyoumigan, but please don't call her asking about whether or not you're in the school (I don't think she handles any of that)

They just accepted me early I think that's it, there's no information or anything that I can give besides that.

Trust me I'm sure they're nowhere near done with the process. They've had my application for such a long time that I assume that's why they were already done with it.

Really, just wait it out. I don't think you have to worry at all.

4ms4: The department is rather new. It has not had the endowment that Chapman has had. I toured the program. The people were nice, the school is located in a beautiful area of LA overlooking everything. Michael Cera's BFF went there..and you can't beat the Jesuit Education.

peacemaker
Once LMU has your app they will set up MYPAW which you can go online and see the status of your app and financial aid.
Seems like it takes them awhile. The only thing they need from me is my transcript which they received over a wk ago electronically. LMU is where I want to transfer so I'll have to have patience.

Wow, I'm glad to see so many people have applied to LMU. I've also applied there, received the email directing me to sign up at the LMU website. Not sure when I will know whether I've gotten in or not but hopefull we all have.

Yeah, I really like that their vision statement mentions that the emphasis is on understanding and mastering visual storytelling grounded in humanistic ideas.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back