MA in Producing: MetFilm, London Film School, Goldsmiths or Royal Holloway?

julia1

Hi there! I'm an American applying to these four film schools for my Masters in Producing in London for the fall. I'm impressed with all four programs and have already been accepted to Royal Holloway. I'm trying to figure out which program is the best one, the one that will give me the most practical knowledge and have the most connections to industry jobs once I graduate. Royal Holloway was at the bottom of my list but now that I've spoken to an advisor there, it seems like it's just as viable as the other three schools. MetFilm and LFS seems like really great programs on paper but I have yet to find someone that can tell me that it's worth the tuition costs. Royal Holloway is a little cheaper than the other three. Please advise!!

I konw little about Royal Holloway. But I know that LFS is one of the best film school in the world and it has the strong connnection to film industry. I don't know if u are accepted by the 2 year programme. If yes, it would cost you a lot but it would be friendly to the student who has little experience in filmmaking. Goldsmiths is my dream school but I can't get its offer. Personally, I will choose Goldsmiths rather than MetFilm.

Hi! I wonder which one you got into. I've applied for MA in Directing at MetFilm, Goldsmiths, and MA Producing at Royal Holloway. Already received an offer letter from MetFilm, but just as you mentioned, I'm yet to find a MetFilm student to talk to and know better about the international students' situation there. Also, they expect me to pay 4.2k GBP upfront to secure my seat, which seemed a little odd honestly. The interview was also a little weird with only one administrative member just asking the same questions that I had already answered in the SOP. Zero faculty members, I'm not sure if that's how interviews happen in the UK.
As the applications for others were submitted a little later than Met's, I'm still awaiting a response. In case you did end up at any of these schools, I'd love to know what your experiences are.

Hi! I wonder which one you got into. I've applied for MA in Directing at MetFilm, Goldsmiths, and MA Producing at Royal Holloway. Already received an offer letter from MetFilm, but just as you mentioned, I'm yet to find a MetFilm student to talk to and know better about the international students' situation there. Also, they expect me to pay 4.2k GBP upfront to secure my seat, which seemed a little odd honestly. The interview was also a little weird with only one administrative member just asking the same questions that I had already answered in the SOP. Zero faculty members, I'm not sure if that's how interviews happen in the UK.
As the applications for others were submitted a little later than Met's, I'm still awaiting a response. In case you did end up at any of these schools, I'd love to know what your experiences are.
Hey! I am hoping you might have made a decision by now as to which school you would be attending. I too am considering the MA Directing Program at MetFilm but want to learn more about the course from a student/alumni. I would like to know where ended up going.

Hey, I had applied for MA Film Producing at MET Film School, MA International Film Business at LFS and MA Producing Film & TV at Royal Holloway. Have received an unconditional offer letter from MET but they are giving just a week's time to accept the offer and pay £400. I can't understand why such a rush?
Also, I really want to wait for LFS.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back