• THANKSGIVING WEEK LIFETIME SUPPORTING MEMBERSHIP SALE: If you are finding FilmSchool.org helpful, consider becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $16! (20% off) by entering the coupon code THANKS. Coupon expires Sunday 11/29 at midnight PST.

Miami Fall 2010

The deadline was yesterday for Fall 2010 graduate school applications at the University of Miami, if I understood the website correctly.

I had a couple of UM alums as teachers while I was an undergrad, they had polar opposite views regarding the UM film department but they were both willing to write me Letters of Rec. for the Screenwriting MFA program.

Am I the only one on here thinking about becoming a Hurricane?

wannabe2

Unbelievable! I could have sworn their priority deadline was March 1. As soon as I saw this posting I had to double check. According to their website I can still apply. I'll have to give it some thought though. I already applied to FSU. So many of these places change their requirements late in the game. Ex. Chapman added the Screenplay component shortly before the Feb 1 deadline. I had to drop out of the running for that one.

Silverlenz

I hope this helps you out. I took it directly from their website.

(http://com.miami.edu/graduate-admission)

---------------
Applications submitted by the December 1st deadline are being given priority review. However, applications may still be submitted for all graduate programs (Ph.D. in Communication, MFA in Motion Pictures, M.A. in Film Studies, M.A. in Communication Studies, M.A. in Print Journalism, M.A. in Television Broadcast Journalism, and M.A. in Public Relations). Assistantships may also be available following priority review.
The Master of Fine Arts degree offers programs in film production (cinematography, directing, editing), producing, and screenwriting. The School also offers a Spanish Language Masters program in Journalism (Periodismo). For information on these and all other programs, please go back to the previous page "Graduate Programs."

SilverLenz.

Silverlenz

I've been doing some research on Miami University and haven't found out much about the school on here. Does anyone have any information about the school? I looked at the faculty who teach their and most if not all have graduated from prestigious schools (USC/UCLA) and some of the others have graduated from tier two/three schools (ohio State/Ohio University). Is there anyone currently enrolled in the program? If so, could you please give me some in site.

Thanks as always,
SilverLenz

Daryl

Accepted to UMiami for screenwriting and most likely attending (waiting on Northwestern). Anyone else heading to Miami?

Neville26

I would say Loyola, but that's just about how the program is structured and based on the faculty I've met from Loyola. If I got into those two, it'd be easy which one I'd want to end up at (LMU), but it all depends on what you want to do afterwards.

Neville26

Just got into MIAMI for Screenwriting, but will most likely be going to UCLA, so will have to decline the acceptance. One more spot for someone out there who wants it!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya
  • University of Texas at Austin - Department of Radio-Television-Film
    4.00 star(s)
    Great film school outside of LA/NYC
    I would say overall UT's film school is a great choice! It is rated #11 on THR's Top Film School List in the U.S. Sure it's nowhere near LA or NY...
    • Anonymous
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Directing (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    a great decision
    Columbia College Chicago is not only one of America's best film schools it is also one of the most affordable. The program is advertised as 2...
    • Jcromwell
  • Fitchburg State University
    4.00 star(s)
    Okay School, especially for the price
    Came in as both a transfer and commuter, so my experience was really lessened by that fact. Your time and success here is really up to you...
    • Anonymous
  • SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • catmom