Movie recommendation app?

MarkV80

Hey guys,

I'm going to be honest, I'm not in film school but I really like movies. Me and my friends are developers and we had this idea to make a community where people can get movie recommendations from people with similar taste, who appreciate certain kind of film making and not just getting recommendation from anyone or a random AI and algorithm who just pushes new releases and recommends based on actors.

I though this would be a good place to ask all of you would you use an app like this? Or do you think your friends would use it since I guess you don't need that much recommendation ? I see people complaining about browsing Netflix for hours and we want to help them and anyone else who has no idea what to watch or someone who saw a really specific movie and wants something very similar.

Hopefully critics and all kinds of film makers will join and you can just ask them for recommendations, too, or give your own to fellow students or anyone else who asks.

Let me know what you think and if you want you can take this survey Movie lovers

Thanks!

Cdemon

AFI
NYU
Hey guys,

I'm going to be honest, I'm not in film school but I really like movies. Me and my friends are developers and we had this idea to make a community where people can get movie recommendations from people with similar taste, who appreciate certain kind of film making and not just getting recommendation from anyone or a random AI and algorithm who just pushes new releases and recommends based on actors.

I though this would be a good place to ask all of you would you use an app like this? Or do you think your friends would use it since I guess you don't need that much recommendation ? I see people complaining about browsing Netflix for hours and we want to help them and anyone else who has no idea what to watch or someone who saw a really specific movie and wants something very similar.

Hopefully critics and all kinds of film makers will join and you can just ask them for recommendations, too, or give your own to fellow students or anyone else who asks.

Let me know what you think and if you want you can take this survey Movie lovers

Thanks!
I’d try it- for the Netflix type I don’t want to look for hours to not be interested thing.

danham

Hi Maks. It is great that you have such an idea but don't you think that it is easier to go for some movie website and there you can find all the info about a movie, a short description of the plot and some reviews or movie recommendations from people. People also use forums to find someone who has similar tastes :)

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21