National Film and Television School (NFTS) - Directing Fiction

3.20 star(s) 3.2 Stars (5 Member Reviews)
The NFTS is second to none.
Degrees Offered
  1. 2 Year M.A.
Concentrations
  1. Directing
  2. Film & Television Production
Yearly Tuition
$20k to $30k
This thread is for the general discussion of the Film School National Film and Television School (NTFS). Please add to the discussion here.

So at the outset, I just want to state that I'm a complete outsider to the World of Showbiz! Being a Certified Management Accountant and Bachelors in Commerce, I have not had any professional training nor any insight into the educational aspect of film making.

However, what I do possess is an undying desire to tell stories and bring stories around the world to life and thereby create a lasting impact on people and their lives. Anyhoo, this year ( at the age of 27) I took the call of calling it quits from the Corporate Industry and purse my passion of direction and film making. However, my knowledge in the sphere of film schools and film education is limited. It is now, that I am researching more about it. I'm currently looking at NFTS & LFS (in UK) and AFI, Columbia and UCLA in the US.

So that brings me to my question; how credible is NFTS for Film Direction? What is the possibility of a complete external person ( such as yours truly) to get into such film schools? How is the alumni network of NFTS? Any and every answer is welcome. Whatever little input would give me a great impetus! Thanks a ton people!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications