NEW FEATURE: Application Tracker Sorting & Filtering!

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
Thanks to the donations from the many wonderful Supporting Members of the site I've been able to fund the development of Filtering and Sorting of the Applications in the Application Tracker. Thank you so much for your support and making this possible!

With the addition of this new feature the Application Tracker has finally eclipsed all of the capabilities of the old Google Sheet method of Application Tracking. I really hope everyone enjoys the new feature and finds it useful. The built in Application Tracker is really becoming an AWESOME new feature on the site. :)

To filter you simply use the Filter button on the Application Tracker pages.

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 9.33.43 AM.png

You can now filter and search by:
  • Graduate School Program ***Must choose this application category for this filter to show up***
  • Undergraduate School Program ***Must choose this application category for this filter to show up***
  • Application Status Prefix (You can select multiple)
  • GPA
  • Country of Applicant
You can also sort the results by:
  • GPA
  • SAT score
  • ACT score
  • GRE scores
  • Submission Date
  • Interview Notification Date
  • Interview Date
  • Decision Date
For example here is all the AFI Screenwriting Applications:

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...plications.8/?scf[School][0]=AFIScreenwriting

Here is all the 2019 USC Screenwriting Applications sorted by Decision Notification date:

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...ction=desc&scf[School][0]=USCWritingforScreen

Here is all the admitted USC Screenwriting Applications: (you can select multiple Application Status Prefixes)

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...ids][5]=13&scf[School][0]=USCWritingforScreen

Here us all the admitted USC Screenwriting Applications sorted by GPA:

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...ids][5]=13&scf[School][0]=USCWritingforScreen

MUCH MUCH better than the old Google Sheet version. :) Enjoy!

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 9.34.56 AM.png

Screenshot 2019-05-03 at 9.44.43 AM.png

Last edited:
This has been updated again - you can now sort by school directly in the filter on all pages. :) Enjoy! Also the prefixes that you chose are now displayed and can be individually cleared.

Please let me know if you are using this feature and if you have any questions or comments. :)

Your feedback is appreciated.

Mobile version of site has a new filter icon:

mobilefilter.jpg

This brings up off canvas menu:

offcanvas.jpg

Screenshot_20190626-103336.jpg

Last edited:
Added Fall 2020 application periods to the tracker! :) Good luck everyone!

And we've broken the 2,000 application barrier! There are now 2,002 applications in the database. This is extremely helpful to everyone applying to film school. If you haven't added your application please do so and remember the more information you add the more helpful it is too other and future applicants.

Info & Data that is super helpful:

• Notification dates
  • GPA and test scores
  • Past film experience
  • Notes and comments on how the application process went
  • Descriptions of submitted materials or even actual submitted materials
GPAs and test scores and portfolios are only seen by site members so you don't have to worry about it being visible to Google or the open web.

The more data the better!

Let's get it to 3,000 applications!

Here's an example application for how to best use and properly add your application to the Film School Application database. :) As you can see the amount of detail one can go into is pretty great and most of what you enter is hidden from the general web and Google and ONLY VISIBLE to site members. The more info you can add the better to help your peers.

Almost 30 Applications added for 2020 already to the tracker. I think we're going to have more than last year's 557 for sure.

Remember the more info you can enter the better to help other applicants.

Most data you enter is hidden to non members and Google.

Good luck everyone!

We're over 2,200 applications now in the tracker!

If anyone has any questions on how to use the tracker please let me know. We're currently worknig on a guide to help people with how to best use it. If there are any fields or features that you want ADDED to the tracker PLEASE let me know. :) Always looking for ways to improve for you guys.

Over 2300 applications! Here's an in depth how to of how to use the tracker:

How to use the Film School Application Database & Tracker

How to use the Film School Application Database & Tracker

Thanks to our many members, the FilmSchool.org Application Database and Tracker consists of over 4,000 applications that date back to 2015, making it one of the most advantageous tools on the website. Its basic function is to track film schools’ rates of acceptance, minimum GPAs, accepted test...

Added TOEFL IBT field to applications... let me know if there's anything else I should add.

You can now also sort applications by whether the applicant has included their portfolio or writing samples in the application in our database.

Simply select the option when adding or editing your Application:

portfolio_attached.jpg

And then you'll be able to see the applications that have them using the filter:

portfolio_attached2.jpg

Please update yours and add your portfolios and samples when you can. Maybe after the application process is done if you prefer. Only Supporting Members can see the full applications in the database.

https://www.filmschool.org/applicat...f[__config][portfolioattached][match_type]=OR

We now have more 2020 applications than 2018!

3 more to beat 2017 and over 2400 applications in total. :)

Wow! Over 500 applications for this year so far. Need 59 more to beat last year's record. Let's do it! :)

Need to get excited about something these days!

Up to over 2,600 applications in the database and only 27 more to beat last year's record amount of 565! Keep those applications coming.

We've already almost doubled the amount of undergraduate applications from the previous year. Hoping to have more data for those in coming years.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back