NEW FEATURE: School Badges & Private School Forums

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
BU
The old Student Groups system has been relaunched into a Private School Forums and School Badges system. If you are an accepted applicant, current student, or alumni you can now get a badge for the school next to your name and access to the Private Forum for the school if you are a Supporting Member.

The private forums are a good way for accepted applicants, current students, and alumni to share more personal info as they'll be meeting in real life soon. Think of it as a closed Facebook group.

Here are the benefits of the new system:
  • BADGES! - This has been a feature request for a LONG TIME. You now have School Badges next to your user name if you are an accepted applicant, current student, or alumni. To get the badge you need to be a Supporting Member and send me a PM. The badge gives you access to the school's private forum on the site. Note - if your Supporting Membership expires you will STILL have access to these private forums.

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 7.12.57 AM.png

• Completely Private Forums - These forums are absolutely hidden to the public web and anyone who doesn't have the School Badge. You can share more personal info here for meetups, social media accounts, etc...

Screenshot 2020-03-01 at 11.03.22 PM.png

• Better Management - In the old Student Group system the users created the groups (cool!) but then were bombarded with membership requests (not so cool)... In this new system FilmSchool.org will handle all memberships. Just PM me to join.
FAQ
  • How do I get a school badge and access the private forums? If you are an accepted applicant and a Supporting Member just send me a PM. If you are ALREADY a current student and attending or an alumni just send me a PM and I'll add you as I'd love to get new students as much help as possible. The badge and access will never expire unless you ask for it to be removed.

• What if my Supporting Membership expires? The badge will never expire and you will STILL have the badge and access to the private forums. You will ONLY lose access if you violate forum rules or ask to be removed.
Enjoy! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous
    1.00 star(s)
    Hollywood Trash
    Overall, this school is what 'quantity over quality' means. The network they brag about is absolutely not as they market. The filmmakers who come...
    • soybean
    1.00 star(s)
    Questionable Investment
    If you don’t get a scholarship to attend USC I would advise against going. It’s too much money to throw away for a school with so many problems...
    • Anonymous
  • Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    BEST use of your time!
    Thanks to professor Carl Haber I was able to learn the fundamentals of screenwriting and how to implement them. For the first time in my life, I'm...
    • pcasmur
  • UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous