NFTS 2013 - Did anyone get a reply for interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnadonna

Hello,

I applied for MA Directing Fiction NFTS 2013 and I was wondering if any of you that applied have received and answer yet.

Thank you!

Hi! I applied for the MA in Screenwriting and am still waiting to hear back as well. Apparently they'll release all interview notifications by July 2nd so there is still a bit of a wait I'm afraid--hope that helps and good luck!

Moira

Hey! I have also applied for directing fiction. Haven't heard anything yet either. Good luck to all of you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

EdWoody

Oh ... ok

Some screenwriters apparently got invited to interviews the last couple of days =/

Well maybe no news is still good news?

Good Luck & Cheers!

I'm applying for Directing Fiction and Screenwriting and haven't heard anything of both yet. A colleage of mine (we're both from Spain) got invited to an interview last wednesday; he's applying for Production.

I expect they're leaving the ones that didn't get the interview to send the sad email at a later date, as I think they might wanna hurry in getting to know which ones are entering the school first.

But all is speculation. Maybe someone can give us some insight :).

EdWoody

The only good thing about this is, that the Producing Sift panel outcomes were supposed to be announced by June 11 ... so as long as we haven't heard of anyone invited for a directing interview there is still some hope (perhaps - haha) =)

Dick R

If anyone of you guys should get an interview invitation between July 10 and 14 we should meet up and have a few pints after the interview. Mine is on July 12 for screenwriting. No matter the outcome we got reason to go out haha

EdWoody

@Dick: chances are not too great, but in the unlikely case of course I'd be in =) What kind of stories do you write?

Perhaps you guys would like to share some of your work? I'd love to see some good stuff =)
(and I am of course always looking for good writers to get to know - hehe)

Has anyone heard anything yet from the directing side? =/

Moira

@Ed: you can find some of my "stuff" on http://evamerz.com/film. Moonlit Night is the one I sent to the NFTS. There's only the trailer on the website, but I can send you a link to the film if you're interested. You want to share your stuff, too? ;)

EdWoody

Hey Moira,

thanks for sharing ... I like the trailer and would definitely like to see the short =)

I've got some of my stuff here ...
https://vimeo.com/user1096232
Narratomat was the one I sent to NFTS, the trailer on vimeo was (as is quite obvious) just a very hastily put together thing.
The rest on vimeo is pretty bad old stuff as well - haha.

Cheers ;-)

Nell

Hello all,

I've also applied for Directing Fiction and haven't heard anything. The confirmation e-mail I received from the school said that we wouldn't hear anything before 2nd July, so I presumed that successful candiidates would be contacted this week...

I got a reply today concerning my application for the Screenwriting MA at NFTS. I got rejected, so it looks they're finishing with the applications for the course.

It looks like next on the line will be Directing, then :) good luck to you all!

By the way, Moira: your short film looks really interesting. I would love to watch the full version.

Greetings!

Moira

Congratulations, Neil! Wish you all the best for the workshop! How was the interview? Maybe you can give us some insight?

Dick R

Congrats Neil! I would also be very interested in hearing about the interview since mine is on thursday (MA Screenwriting).

Moira

Hey guys,

unfortunately, I got a rejection e-Mail today for Directing Fiction. For those who are also facing a rejection today: We did as good as we could! Wish you all the best and never stop!

Donnadonna

Hi Moira,

I'm really sorry to hear that. You are right, never stop!

I was wondering if other Directing Fiction applicants have heard anything from the NFTS. Did anyone get called for interview yet?
I haven't received anything yet.

Thank you!

EdWoody

Hey Moira,

sorry to hear that, too =( But you are young and still have plenty of time to gather more experience and try again =)

@donna:
I haven't heard anything yet either ... maybe my rejection-email took a detour - hehe =)

Cheers ;)

I got rejected today as well. I'm 24 and submitted my second short film ever (I've been working in theatre these last 3 years), so I think not getting selected in your first application is relatively normal.

By the way, it seems they only got eight places for january 2013. Seems odd, because I've heard in previous years they had like 16 students for Directing Fiction.

Sorry to hear that Moira; and EdWoody, maybe you're lucky enough to get an interview! Good luck to all the applicants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews