NFTS 2013 - Did anyone get a reply for interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnadonna

Hello,

I applied for MA Directing Fiction NFTS 2013 and I was wondering if any of you that applied have received and answer yet.

Thank you!

Hey everyone ...

just got the same email =)

I am 34 and have worked as photographer in advertising before I started to concentrate on film within my visual design studies.

So maybe see you guys again here next year - hehe.

Cheers!

NFTS sounds like an amazing place... Places that are difficult to get through are likely to be full of students that inspire you (or exasperate you).

I had applied this year for Directing Fiction two days before the deadline with a treatment written in a day's time. I had a feeling I would not get through and I got the reply with the decline today. However, I still wish to apply for the course every possible year. I beat worse odds in my country... statistically speaking... ;)

Good luck to all those who get through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi lucker. I'm also in the same situation.

I think they might have got a wrong email or just forgot to post the rejection letter because last year I also applied and they forgot to send the rejection letter or email, so I had to contact them to find out.

Did anyone get called for interview for Directing Fiction?

Please let us know if you contact the NFTS.

Good luck to all!!

hey donna

in an e-mail from nfts it clearly says:

"We shall contact you again to inform you whether or not you will be required to attend an interview. This process inevitably takes several weeks and you are requested not to contact the Registry during this period.

You will definitely receive from us confirmation of the result of your application."

that is why I'm hesitating to contact them :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lucker,

Yeah, I know, but last year three month had passed and I hadn't received any email or letter. I had lost all hope anyway at that stage, but I contacted them see what had happen and they said the letter got lost and for some reason the email didn't send properly.

I would still wait a couple of days, maybe they have to many things going on right now.

If anyone is in the same situation please let us know! Thank you!!

If anyone of you guys should get an interview invitation between July 10 and 14 we should meet up and have a few pints after the interview. Mine is on July 12 for screenwriting. No matter the outcome we got reason to go out haha
Yes I am agree with you, Let's have a drink share and have fun!!!:D
Hi! I applied for the MA in Screenwriting and am still waiting to hear back as well. Apparently they'll release all interview notifications by July 2nd so there is still a bit of a wait I'm afraid--hope that helps and good luck!

Hey guys!!

I am 29, and a really bad applicant, I don't know how to write well here in a forum, in a letter or a script, even speak, I know that a lot of u are putting your hands in your head rigth now, I know for things like that people don't want even read me when they dont insult me, and matters to me but I don't let this affect me to much, but I don't want look pity, I just want to said I am awaking and trying to improove all of this as my Englih Level and I don't want to be disrespectful to any of you, my story is about waste my life harly bad before so that's why I couldn't learn until today properly how to use a forum, write well or have many credantials and experience, just I need more time, it does not mean I don't respect this culture.

Well after this introduction...

I saw some of you couldn't get in this time, is crazy this shit, you want be in to create, and live creating but no many spaces and vacancies, it should be no easy but no so hard as it is, but this is the industry something that u know better then me.

I am sorry for you guys and me, cause if they don't let u enter, for me they ll not send a answer even. For all of us that we didn't and the others rest l
ps @Moria I am insterested to wacht your job, mind u sent me the link please? thanks

And I am still excited with the idea to have a drink and share.
big huuuggg!!!

Hhahahah I told u I need to practice more hahaha I realized now that this post is from one year ago, hahahahha is normal people don't want speak to me if they alredy left the place one year ago uuhuhuh:D

Hey everyone. I'm new here. Sorry for (almost) resurrecting a year old topic, but it was sitting here at the top of the page and I didn't see the point in creating a new one.

Has anyone else, like me, applied for the NFTS for January 2014 start?

Hi Gazzwa,
I've applied for the January 2014 intake on the cinematography MA. Which course have you applied for? I haven't had any news yet, apart from the email saying the application is being processed but may take several weeks before they respond. The waiting's a killer!

Hey there Burnhill.

I've applied for Directing Fiction and received the email this morning about the selection process being underway. Interviews are set for mid July so can't be too long before we hear, right?

Yeah I guess so - I wasn't aware the interviews were set for mid July (although that sounds sensible)... Have they told you that are are you basing it on previous years? I wonder if it's different for different courses. If I haven't heard anything by the end of June/early July I'll probably get in touch. It's hard when you have no idea if others have heard back! Are you local or would an interview mean travelling far for you? Is this your first year applying?

The interview dates were buried in the footer of one of the various emails I had from the registry. I had a few issues with the online submission site so there were lots of emails back and forth trying to ascertain whether my application had been received or not. Looking at it now, cinematography interviews are set for the week commencing 8th July. I'd imagine you could expect to hear back a week or two prior to that date.

This is my first time applying. I'm in Northamptonshire, so it's a bit of a trek to Beaconsfield. How about you? Did you go to any of the open days?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back