NFTS 2013 - Did anyone get a reply for interview?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnadonna

Hello,

I applied for MA Directing Fiction NFTS 2013 and I was wondering if any of you that applied have received and answer yet.

Thank you!

Hi! I applied for the MA in Screenwriting and am still waiting to hear back as well. Apparently they'll release all interview notifications by July 2nd so there is still a bit of a wait I'm afraid--hope that helps and good luck!

Hey! I have also applied for directing fiction. Haven't heard anything yet either. Good luck to all of you ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm applying for Directing Fiction and Screenwriting and haven't heard anything of both yet. A colleage of mine (we're both from Spain) got invited to an interview last wednesday; he's applying for Production.

I expect they're leaving the ones that didn't get the interview to send the sad email at a later date, as I think they might wanna hurry in getting to know which ones are entering the school first.

But all is speculation. Maybe someone can give us some insight :).

The only good thing about this is, that the Producing Sift panel outcomes were supposed to be announced by June 11 ... so as long as we haven't heard of anyone invited for a directing interview there is still some hope (perhaps - haha) =)

If anyone of you guys should get an interview invitation between July 10 and 14 we should meet up and have a few pints after the interview. Mine is on July 12 for screenwriting. No matter the outcome we got reason to go out haha

@Dick: chances are not too great, but in the unlikely case of course I'd be in =) What kind of stories do you write?

Perhaps you guys would like to share some of your work? I'd love to see some good stuff =)
(and I am of course always looking for good writers to get to know - hehe)

Has anyone heard anything yet from the directing side? =/

@Ed: you can find some of my "stuff" on http://evamerz.com/film. Moonlit Night is the one I sent to the NFTS. There's only the trailer on the website, but I can send you a link to the film if you're interested. You want to share your stuff, too? ;)

Hey Moira,

thanks for sharing ... I like the trailer and would definitely like to see the short =)

I've got some of my stuff here ...
https://vimeo.com/user1096232
Narratomat was the one I sent to NFTS, the trailer on vimeo was (as is quite obvious) just a very hastily put together thing.
The rest on vimeo is pretty bad old stuff as well - haha.

Cheers ;-)

Hello all,

I've also applied for Directing Fiction and haven't heard anything. The confirmation e-mail I received from the school said that we wouldn't hear anything before 2nd July, so I presumed that successful candiidates would be contacted this week...

I got a reply today concerning my application for the Screenwriting MA at NFTS. I got rejected, so it looks they're finishing with the applications for the course.

It looks like next on the line will be Directing, then :) good luck to you all!

By the way, Moira: your short film looks really interesting. I would love to watch the full version.

Greetings!

Hey guys,

unfortunately, I got a rejection e-Mail today for Directing Fiction. For those who are also facing a rejection today: We did as good as we could! Wish you all the best and never stop!

Hi Moira,

I'm really sorry to hear that. You are right, never stop!

I was wondering if other Directing Fiction applicants have heard anything from the NFTS. Did anyone get called for interview yet?
I haven't received anything yet.

Thank you!

Hey Moira,

sorry to hear that, too =( But you are young and still have plenty of time to gather more experience and try again =)

@donna:
I haven't heard anything yet either ... maybe my rejection-email took a detour - hehe =)

Cheers ;)

I got rejected today as well. I'm 24 and submitted my second short film ever (I've been working in theatre these last 3 years), so I think not getting selected in your first application is relatively normal.

By the way, it seems they only got eight places for january 2013. Seems odd, because I've heard in previous years they had like 16 students for Directing Fiction.

Sorry to hear that Moira; and EdWoody, maybe you're lucky enough to get an interview! Good luck to all the applicants!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back