NFTS 2014

I applied for DF and have heard nothing yet. So at the very least we are all in the same boat. Hopefully they are just a little busy. Though my gut says better luck next year. Oh well.

Jappr

Anytime P.J.! I'm also inclined to call them, but that's probably because every day is so bloody nerve wrecking suspenseful ;) We'll just have to sit this one out I guess.. By the way, I also applied for cinematography last year and received my rejection letter the 20th of June. Probably less admissions, but maybe the longer the waiting the sweeter the.. invitation?

If you do ring please let us all know what they say. As I'm sure, there are plenty of people wanting to know and we don't need to be flooding them with phone calls unnecessarily especially if they are just hella busy.

geo1122

Apparently they were looking at the directing fiction applications on Monday. If that's when they started they have about 300 applications to look at so I've heard, and the footage alone from that is 75 hours. Assuming they watch every showreel to the end and then debate each application thoroughly it should double that time at least. I also stumbled across an old forum from 2011 I think, and someone received an invitation to the directing fiction course around mid July. On top of that if you go onto the NFTS website there is still the possibility to apply for the course.

gazzwa

Some people I know who are currently studying at the NFTS told me last week that as far as they were aware, the admissions folk were looking at the Directing Fiction applications. Can't be too long before people hear back.

pete89

Hey guys, just wanted to say keep it up with posting DF updates. I check this forum right after i check my email, like 4 times a day!
Let us know if anyone has any new info. And best of luck to all.
Pete

DCL

Haven't heard anything for fiction either. I'm also checking this forum constantly!
Thanks for posting. Will post if I hear anything.

PhilPhil2

Hi guys,

As far as I am concerned, any film festival or school always leaves the best till last. So I wouldn't be to concerned if it takes a little longer. But I have been proven wrong in the past, so I knock on wood. I've been in touch with someone from the board by accident about two weeks ago, and she told me that the invitations ought to come around 10th July for D.F... rejections normally should be announced sooner as far as I know.

Also I was wondering, if anyone were to be accepted, what you guys would do concerning housing? Sounds a bit random to just rent out a room in Beaconsfield without first getting to know some other applicants/students...

geo1122

Yeah, if I were to be successful I would Ideally get to know some of the students first and hopefully sort the accommodation then.

Fingers crossed that we get to that hurdle.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse