NFTS 2014

I applied for DF and have heard nothing yet. So at the very least we are all in the same boat. Hopefully they are just a little busy. Though my gut says better luck next year. Oh well.

Anytime P.J.! I'm also inclined to call them, but that's probably because every day is so bloody nerve wrecking suspenseful ;) We'll just have to sit this one out I guess.. By the way, I also applied for cinematography last year and received my rejection letter the 20th of June. Probably less admissions, but maybe the longer the waiting the sweeter the.. invitation?

If you do ring please let us all know what they say. As I'm sure, there are plenty of people wanting to know and we don't need to be flooding them with phone calls unnecessarily especially if they are just hella busy.

Apparently they were looking at the directing fiction applications on Monday. If that's when they started they have about 300 applications to look at so I've heard, and the footage alone from that is 75 hours. Assuming they watch every showreel to the end and then debate each application thoroughly it should double that time at least. I also stumbled across an old forum from 2011 I think, and someone received an invitation to the directing fiction course around mid July. On top of that if you go onto the NFTS website there is still the possibility to apply for the course.

Some people I know who are currently studying at the NFTS told me last week that as far as they were aware, the admissions folk were looking at the Directing Fiction applications. Can't be too long before people hear back.

Hey guys, just wanted to say keep it up with posting DF updates. I check this forum right after i check my email, like 4 times a day!
Let us know if anyone has any new info. And best of luck to all.
Pete

Haven't heard anything for fiction either. I'm also checking this forum constantly!
Thanks for posting. Will post if I hear anything.

Hi guys,

As far as I am concerned, any film festival or school always leaves the best till last. So I wouldn't be to concerned if it takes a little longer. But I have been proven wrong in the past, so I knock on wood. I've been in touch with someone from the board by accident about two weeks ago, and she told me that the invitations ought to come around 10th July for D.F... rejections normally should be announced sooner as far as I know.

Also I was wondering, if anyone were to be accepted, what you guys would do concerning housing? Sounds a bit random to just rent out a room in Beaconsfield without first getting to know some other applicants/students...

Yeah, if I were to be successful I would Ideally get to know some of the students first and hopefully sort the accommodation then.

Fingers crossed that we get to that hurdle.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back