NFTS 2015

Simonluca

Hi Jonathan,

I phoned them yesterday and they told me we'll know by the end of this week, so basically by tomorrow I guess.
Either for a positive or negative answer....
...I fell like my whole summer is in stand-by...

Lemmings

I just rung the school again, they're now saying Monday re directing fiction interviews, has any one heard anything?

Radi

How do you people feel about this prolonging of the dead lines and set dates? Does that give you the feeling of "we don't know what are we doing"?

cineboy

I think there can be a number of scenarios currently going on at The Registry. A) There a lot of good candidates and due to the high quality of applications they are not sure who to interview. B) They have not received applications from the candidates that they want (low quality), which could be part of the reason why they are still accepting late applications for all Masters Course. Or C) They have not priorities the application process. So they are trying to catch up with it now, which is why we still do not know a less than 10 before interview dates.
It is probably a combination of all of the both reasons and more. Regardless, I would appreciate a reply soon.

Mind youthey are receiving £60 for every application. Now, it seems like it could be a bit of scheme for extra pocket money. To add to that I paid that £60 with the understanding I was applying with fair competition. Seems like the history does have been removed for some

cineboy

Sorry to hear. When today did you receive the email? What did the email say? I imagine it was very matter of fact (cold).

Jovis

Bah! Just got my rejection through for Directing Fiction. I had hoped the lucid critique I submitted alongside my film would demonstrate self-awareness and a desire to learn and improve under the expert guidance of the NFTS tutors. Turns out I was wrong. I saw 'Death of a Salesman' earlier this week and I think that, combined with this experience, is almost enough to kill anyone's dream for good. Only almost though.

Good luck everyone who's in the same boat as me if you decide to go for it again in the future. I've done short courses at NFTS, and the atmosphere is pretty inspiring.

Alternatively, you can produce a pretty amazing list of film-makers who never went to film school. If you love it, keep working at it.

J

Sorry to hear. When today did you receive the email? What did the email say? I imagine it was very matter of fact (cold).
The usual. Thanks for applying. Regrets for not being succesfull. Don't let it get you down and keep trying at your goals. And feedback is not something they can give. Nothing specific, a template email. Got it at about 11am

To be fair I should have spent longer on the application process leading up to the deadline rather then only two months. Mope a few days and back on it again.

Radi

Yep .... Rejection for Directing fiction for me as well .... I applied for Cinematography too... Did someone hear something on Cinematography? And what is everybody doing now when rejected?

Yep .... Rejection for Directing fiction for me as well .... I applied for Cinematography too... Did someone hear something on Cinematography? And what is everybody doing now when rejected?
Applying to other film schools. And applying to next year intake. Keep on making shorts. Watch watch and watch some more films. Read around. All of it will help. Will be trying to get work on sets too. how bout you?

Deegie

I've heard nothing from cinematography! :(

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW