NFTS - 2018 Entry

Hey guys,

I applied for MA Screenwriting. I had my interview last Tuesday and came out of it feeling positive. I was set up by former students to expect a real good cop, bad cop routine, but while they did give me some feedback on my script, I think it was to see how I respond and internalise their notes as I've heard that they don't like people who mindlessly defend their stance/reasons for something in their script. But who knows? If I don't get in, at least I'll be proud of how I performed in the interview.

I must've restarted my task about four different times before going in to the interview! The adrenaline was coursing through me!

Good luck to everyone that's applied, I hope to be working with some of you if I get in and you guys get a place as well!

I was expecting the good cop/bad cop routine as well based on this forum and what previous applicants have written. It wasn't like that at all though, which was a relief. They kind of all took turns asking me questions about my script... no one was especially quiet.

I really do hope we hear tomorrow, feel like my life is on hold until I know. Best of luck to you, hopefully the three of us all get in!

Hi, I had an interview for Producing 2 weeks ago and felt it went well but they said I'd hear by end June & I still haven't heard anything - is anyone else in the same boat?

Just on my last message yesterday, I guess no news is good news, right? They did tell me I'd hear either way, but no-one said it would be this long. I feel like I'm going crazy waiting! Anyone else out there who has any knowledge about that? Also, I work nearly full time so I need a bit of notice to get the time off if I do by some miracle get into the workshop! im worried about that too.

Just on my last message yesterday, I guess no news is good news, right? They did tell me I'd hear either way, but no-one said it would be this long. I feel like I'm going crazy waiting! Anyone else out there who has any knowledge about that? Also, I work nearly full time so I need a bit of notice to get the time off if I do by some miracle get into the workshop! im worried about that too.

Hey Sally,

Congratulations on getting to the interview stage. I also had my interview two weeks ago, but for screenwriting. @Memz, who also applied for screenwriting, bravely phoned Registry today where they told her that we'll be finding out about Screenwriting by Friday at the latest. We are also going bananas waiting, haha, but stick in there, and good luck!

Hey Sally,

Congratulations on getting to the interview stage. I also had my interview two weeks ago, but for screenwriting. @Memz, who also applied for screenwriting, bravely phoned Registry today where they told her that we'll be finding out about Screenwriting by Friday at the latest. We are also going bananas waiting, haha, but stick in there, and good luck!
Thanks so much @FlightyZoo for replying, it's reassuring to know others are in the same boat but at the same time. I kind of wish we weren't if you know what I mean! Being so anxious and everything... anyway good luck to you too and I really hope you get a chance at this!

Thanks so much @FlightyZoo for replying, it's reassuring to know others are in the same boat but at the same time. I kind of wish we weren't if you know what I mean! Being so anxious and everything... anyway good luck to you too and I really hope you get a chance at this!

I want the paaaaaaiiiiin to be over, but regardless of the outcome, it's because we tried and put our hearts into applying. That's something to be pretty proud of in my opinion.

I want the paaaaaaiiiiin to be over, but regardless of the outcome, it's because we tried and put our hearts into applying. That's something to be pretty proud of in my opinion.
Yes that's true & thanks for reminding me of that! I needed to hear it! Feeling much better after chatting to you. Thanks for taking the time.

Finally got around to adding film school review pages for the most common NFTS programs:

NFTS - Cinematography

NFTS - Composing for Film & TV

NFTS - Digital Effects

NFTS - Directing Fiction

NFTS - Editing

NFTS - Screenwriting

After you have attended a workshop it would be AWESOME if you could post a review for the school. (anonymously if you wish)

If should add any more programs let me know and I'll add them as soon as possible.

Also, I just realized that I've been typing in NTFS instead of NFTS for the longest time. (NTFS is a windows file system) Sigh. Major head smack.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Hi there,

I've just received a conditional offer for the MA Screenwriting course at NFTS. I found this thread and it seems a great place to find other students going to NFTS.

Would love to talk to everyone else about the course, the application process, etc.

Thanks!

Hi there,

I've just received a conditional offer for the MA Screenwriting course at NFTS. I found this thread and it seems a great place to find other students going to NFTS.

Would love to talk to everyone else about the course, the application process, etc.

Thanks!

Hi WillG,

Congrats! I'm waiting to hear back - did you just receive the email?

Hey guys

Put in my application a month ago for Digital Effects (Could've sworn deadline said June 6th)

Anyone else applied to this course/heard anything?

Pulling my hair out with anticipation

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back