1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The FilmSchool.org community has been helping people apply to film school since 2002. Log in or Create an Account and get your film school questions answered.
  3. Did you go to film school for undergrad? Please review the school on our Film School review system. (You can review anonymously)
    Dismiss Notice
Chris W
Editing_2016b_1.jpg

NFTS - Editing

Degrees Offered:
Concentrations:
Tuition:
£13,800 a year (Home fees) | £29,000 a year (Overseas Fees)
Editing graduates have a high rate of employment on feature films, shorts and television programmes.
Editing_2016b_1.jpg
  1. Chris W

Chris W Get Busy Living Staff Member

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +333
    This thread is for the general discussion of the Film School NTFS - Editing. Please add to the discussion here.

2. Chris W

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +333
    The Film School NFTS - Editing has been updated.

3. ozymandias92

ozymandias92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there!

I've heard that NFTS is one of the best international film schools. Can any alumni of the MA Editing course or similar film school alums talk about how it helped them / or not after graduating. How much of an emphasis does the course place on networking and securing employment? Does the school have connections to studios that benefit its students? I'm having a tough time justifying the tuition cost as an international applicant. Any responses appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Eric

4. RockinCon

RockinCon Wannabe Film Editor

Ratings:
    +18
    Hey Eric! I'm not an alumni yet...but I am currently at the school for editing! I can already tell you that the school is a huge help in finding employment. The school 'loans' us out sometimes for paid gigs or networking opportunities. You can pick and chose depending on what you want to do. They have connections with Pine Studios,SKY Studio and the BBC and so many more just from old alumni and the tutors who work there.

Not only that you will come out with a very diverse and impressive portfolio. I'm not even through the first half of the year but I've done more projects than I would have done in a year freelancing.

But you must know that you gotta do some legwork yourself. It can't just be the school handing you things, you must network in the school as well and communicate what you want to do!

I understand the feeling with the tuition cost since I myself am a international student from the US. But with only eight people per course you get some top tier tutoring and they are always on hand for one on one discussion!

Let me know if you need anymore info!

• Love Love x 1
  5. Chris W

Featured Threads:
    Ratings:
    +333
  6. ozymandias92

ozymandias92 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the thoughtful response! It's encouraging to hear about the studio connections, and great that they actively help you find gigs. I've read so many great things about NFTS, and really helpful to hear your first-hand experience. Thanks again!