kbills

Hi Chris, yes they are for MA courses as far as I know. Process is
Application/ interview/ workshop then onto course if selected

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Process is
Application/ interview/ workshop then onto course if selected
Huh... that's the first time I've heard of a workshop being part of the process... That doesn't seem to be how it's done in the US. Interesting. :)

JFrazer

I think it went alright; it was very casual and quick (~10-15 minutes). I was in front of three interviewers whom asked questions about my background, cinematic influences, current work and other interests . I was asked what I expect to get out of this course and what I plan to do after. We never really discussed anything from my application submission.

I will know if I am through to the three-day workshop by July 29.
Thanks for the insight!
I applied to Producing/Directing TV, and just received an interview invite for September.
Best of luck!

DiKo

Nice one DiKo, what department are you in? Well done to you! Hope you have the best of times! :)
Thank you RaphBiss! :) Marketing and Distribution MA, its a new one they've just introduced that looks really good. Really looking forward to start.

Mutebird

Hi all, I applied for the MA Digital Effects and was shortlisted for an interview 15th of August, flew from Norway for a day trip to do the interview and was accepted as a reserve candidate 11 days later. However, I see they are still accepting applications which doesn’t make sense to me. I thought schools usually picked reserve candidates after the class was filled.

I was just wondering if anyone has been accepted to MA DFX this year yet? And if anyone reading this are doing or have finished the DFX -- did any reserve candidate replace an accepted candidate in your class? I get emails about how to apply for scholarship and student loans, and have no idea how to interpret this. Would love to know what my chances are.

Slavica_r

Thank you RaphBiss! :) Marketing and Distribution MA, its a new one they've just introduced that looks really good. Really looking forward to start.
Hi Diko! Congratulation! :) I applied for the same course, so I really hope I'll be joining you soon! I got invited for an interview on Monday, but they didn't really say much more! When does the course start, when are we going to find out the result after the interview etc. Is there anything else after the interview or is that the last stage of the application process? How was your interview? sorry about all the questions, I am very nervous! :(

ammo

hi guys, i was wandering if anybody would have tips on how to go about the MA Directing Fiction application for NFTS?

looking on the forum, most of he contributions and advice is related to USA film schools.

the nearest thing that comes to the NFTS application form advice is the essay/personal statment people hand in for the USA film schools.

for instance, one of the essay questions is found the lines ... Why would you like to attend the program, what has led you to this point, your goals as a filmmaker and why you’d like to study with us. (NYU Tisch)

the multiple questions on the NFTS application form seem to carry the same sentiment above but are split in to 6 sections.

would one go about answering it in a similar, very personal sort of way as one would with the US essays?

patchoooli

awesome
hi guys, i was wandering if anybody would have tips on how to go about the MA Directing Fiction application for NFTS?

looking on the forum, most of he contributions and advice is related to USA film schools.

the nearest thing that comes to the NFTS application form advice is the essay/personal statment people hand in for the USA film schools.

for instance, one of the essay questions is found the lines ... Why would you like to attend the program, what has led you to this point, your goals as a filmmaker and why you’d like to study with us. (NYU Tisch)

the multiple questions on the NFTS application form seem to carry the same sentiment above but are split in to 6 sections.

would one go about answering it in a similar, very personal sort of way as one would with the US essays?

Hey there

Just be yourself. Answer the questions of course, but don't worry about being over-formal or not. The staff at NFTS are really lovely people. They want to know who you are and what kind of filmmaker you want to be. It is a highly competitive course to get a place on, as they only take 8 Directing Fiction MA students each year. Yes. EIGHT. So just make sure YOU are happy with your answers then submit and relax. It is a fantastic school and absolutely worth applying for because why shouldn't one of those eight be you? :) You can do it! Good luck.

ammo

Hey there

Just be yourself. Answer the questions of course, but don't worry about being over-formal or not. The staff at NFTS are really lovely people. They want to know who you are and what kind of filmmaker you want to be. It is a highly competitive course to get a place on, as they only take 8 Directing Fiction MA students each year. Yes. EIGHT. So just make sure YOU are happy with your answers then submit and relax. It is a fantastic school and absolutely worth applying for because why shouldn't one of those eight be you? :) You can do it! Good luck.
Hey patchouli. Thanks for the supportive words. I'll be trying that this year round see how it fairs. Where are you applying and what course?

Memz

Oh yay, some people in the same boat! It's only March and I'm already sort of nervous.. :S

I am! I am applying for Editing...still working on the application though..how about you?
Applying for MA Screenwriting. Working like crazy on my application. The questions are scary thing. Really quite straightforward but it's so easy to start doubting yourself and just start guessing on what they actually want to hear. Which is a dangerous path to take I think.

RockinCon

Film Editor
Oh yay, some people in the same boat! It's only March and I'm already sort of nervous.. :S

Applying for MA Screenwriting. Working like crazy on my application. The questions are scary thing. Really quite straightforward but it's so easy to start doubting yourself and just start guessing on what they actually want to hear. Which is a dangerous path to take I think.

yeah thats the worse..that and the montage that you have to make for the MA in Editing is slowly draining my soul...

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW