Northwestern Screenwriting / Playwriting fall 2012

caribunny

I sent in my application to Northwestern and I'm wondering if anyone elese on this forum has applied.

On Wednesday the 28 day acceptance countdown begins.

About me: I'm from the Caribbean. Studied in the Netherlands (Holland) and have my BA in International Communication Management. Did my minors in Film Studies and Television Production. Thesis on social media and churches

Hi caribunny,

I also applied to Northwestern. I'm not as anxious as I was last year, but I still really want to hear great news soon! (I didn't apply to NW last year, btw)

Where did you hear about the '28 day acceptance countdown'?

I just made up the 28 day countdown because the admissions site said decision will be made known ending february early March. (feb has 28 days)

I'm thinking the longer they take the less likely they will say yes to me.

In another post someone wrote that they were accepted on Feb 9.

Did you apply to other schools? I only did NU. Maybe I will apply to London Film School (deadline march 12). I could use more time to mature as a writer so I dont mind applying next year. I didnt want to apply to all the schools 2x so i only did my top choice NU. if they accept me than i saved money and stress applying to other schools

Oh, okay.

It can be difficult to guess exactly when they'll send out notifications. Just hang in there!

This year I applied to UCLA (rejected), Ohio University, Columbia, and Northwestern.

start checking your emails guys, I just got my interview notification!! So relieved and thrilled I made it this far!!! Anyone have any idea how many people they interview vs. the size of the incoming class?

Thats cool. In the forums the earliest interview / acceptance was feb 9.

This is my first time applying and I'm an international student. I dont know the numbers or what to expect.

relax and have fun with it. so excited for you! thanks for posting

Congratulations on the interview, patchkidco!!

I don't know anything about how many people they interview or the size of the class. Don't worry about that, though. Get ready for that interview! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I applied to NU too. Not expecting much of anything. Not from a film background - but I figured I'd get my feet wet and apply to some schools and see what would happen.

Have you guys applied to any other schools?

Hi,

Welcome to the waiting room. No I only applied to one. Figured my portfolio could get stronger so instead of wasting money i only applied to my top choice. next round i hope to have better work and apply to more schools.

In the mean time im getting my feet wet by working as a programming consultant for a TV station. other work experience is mostly in newsaper.

@patchkidco : did you have your interview already? If yes, how did it go? if no, how are you preparing for it?

@FilmClassicGirl: Have you heard anything from NU or the other schools you applied too? Hope this year is good news for you.

@unoriginally_monica: any news yet? did you apply to other schools?

I cant believe this year only us on this forum applied to NU. If there are other ppl. come lets chat and enjoy the wait.

Me I've been very busy with work. my mood changes from super obsessed to completly forgetting I applied. Getting official notification is better than turning 50 and wondering what if.

:-D the wait will soon be over!

I haven't heard anything yet. In all honesty, I doubt I will. I told the person in charge of the admissions (i'm guessing, i don't remember her title) that I would be late getting my last recommendation in.

I wanted to apply to CSULA but didn't have the funds and all the other schools (USC, UCLA, BU, UT, Miami, etc) i didn't have time to apply to.

I'm working on my application to DePaul and Chapman right now, however. we'll see how that goes.

Was the person slow with writing your recommendation letter or were you having trouble finding people?

At the end of the day if you really want to be a writer it will happen. you will find the training you need. rember its like 80% talent, 10% training, and 10% networking. (i just made those stats up :p)
+++

my film studies teacher didnt respond to my email. ill blame it on his age. But really im confused because i scored the highest in the class.

1 letter from my highschool teacher was really weak. like i was ashamed.

The other 2 letter were from a journalist and a fiction author were really nice.

Just slow.

And that's what I hear. For a while I was kind of freaking out - thinking 'what the heck am I going to do if I don't get in anywhere.'

but at this point i feel like whatever happens, happens.

jafkld;sa AHHHH!

Howdy all.

I applied to NU for stage and screen MFA and have not heard a word. The fact that someone has already been contacted for an interview is somewhat concerning, but I suppose it does no good to worry.

Congrats to those with positive results. Good luck to the rest!

@sweetbeef (cool name BTW) I was re-reading old post and i think most wont hear anything until next week. March 15 seems to be the time to give up hope.

While an interview assures you that they've seen your application and wanted a second look im not sure if with NU an interview is manditory. Im thinking they send out acceptance letters without interviews. maybe ill go back and check the site to see how candidates are notified.

breathe and be positive.

Just in reading older post. i think its clear i be making up crazy stats to occupy my time. the main thing is to keep positive until the bitter end. forget the numbers. your writing is what counts

I too have combed through the message boards to try to get a sense of dates, acceptance rates, etc. You're not alone, caribunny. I guess the best info is on the site they give you where your admission decision will be posted - late feb/early march is when they start notifying.

i wish i could forget that i even applied because i'm finding myself on the site every hour checking to see if there's an updated status and then i'm constantly checking my e-mail. this is bad.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back