NYFA MFA

I know how infamous NYFA is for the bachelor's but I was wondering if the MFA program is just as bad.

I haven't really heard much about it until a friend brought it up, b/c I thought they only did BA degree.

hollyinexile

it's not a proper film school for a long program like MFA that requires alot of resources and structuring. it's a for profit school. there are no sound stages, recording studios, no internship and work placement etc etc. it is more suitable if you are taking a summer program because that's all you need, a camera to shoot and a imac to edit. those they have plenty.

nyfa never had BFA when i was there, im surprised that they even offer a Bfa now. it's kind of a way for them to make more money i guess. otherwise, it is easy to enter nyfa, just apply, you will get in. Do consider nyfa only if you couldnt enter top tie film college. I don't know why, but somehow to industry people, nyfa is a joke. so i guess pride still stands out. hope this will help

eRicher

I applied to MFA @ AFI and NYFA, I've already been accepted to the latter, and waiting acceptance to AFI.

afallingbomb28, did u apply somewhere?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW