NYU Dramatic Writing 2020

Tara

I got a congrats call from Terry the other day and he said over 450 applications were submitted. To just get an interview means your portfolio was greenlighted by two readers and a professor. So anyone who got an interview should be super proud of themselves- it’s competitive.
Hey Joan, congrats on your acceptance! I see that you’ve been admitted to multiple places and was wondering which program you’re leaning towards? I wanted to get a better understanding of the difference between the programs and the merits of each

Hey Joan, congrats on your acceptance! I see that you’ve been admitted to multiple places and was wondering which program you’re leaning towards? I wanted to get a better understanding of the difference between the programs and the merits of each
I’ll send you a PM!

So, I officially declined - it was a super tough decision, but between the cross country move in the middle of a pandemic, all the Covid-19 uncertainties/risks (plus, the lack of info from NYU regarding potential delays/issues), and the lack of financial aid, it was one thing too many. I was/am really bummed - both to decline and that I won't get to meet some of y'all - but hopefully my spot opens up an opportunity for someone on the waitlist. Sending all of y'all who are attending a huge high five!

tvwriter11

NYU
Hey- I just created a Facebook group for us. If you want to DM me with your names / facebook profile link I can invite you, and then we can spread it around to other students. I live in New York and am happy to answer any housing questions you might have as best I can (at least in terms of neighborhoods, typical rent prices, etc).

tvwriter11

NYU
Hey all- I made a private group at first but it was giving me trouble inviting you all to the page. I've deleted it and made a new public one, that we can set to private once everyone is in.

Please let me know if you're able to join from this link below. If not, please send me a friend request (Jason Lipschutz, you'll see me in the group's Members list) and then I'll send you an invite to the Group.

Latest Classifieds

Featured Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• UCLA TFT - Screenwriting (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    The Right Move For Me
    I have loved this program so far! For me, it was the right move. Coming from out-of-state, I learned a lot about LA and housing, but it could have...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Chicago - Department of Cinema and Media Studies
    5.00 star(s)
    In my opinion, the University of Chicago's Cinema & Media Studies program is one of the most outstanding and underrated programs out there. I...
    • jn0pe
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    I went to Emerson for my undergrad for VMA (Visual media arts, just generally the film program) and...it was a lot of fun, I certainly learned...
    • julia1
  • Temple University - School of Theater, Film and Media Arts
    4.00 star(s)
    I graduated in 2013 and know several recent graduates ( 2017-2019 classes) as well. My personal and their related experiences are the basis for...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Rochester - Film and Media Studies Program
    5.00 star(s)
    I graduated from UofR with a double major in Film and Media Studies and Economics. My experiences at Rochester really shaped my filmmaking career...
    • dkimg21