NYU Dramatic Writing 2020

Memz

Hey!

Who is applying this year? And what are you applying with - play, screenplay or TV-pilots? One week to go and I'm still in re-write and editing mode, I figured I'd start this thread to distract/procrastinate a little! :)

I'm applying for the first time, sending in two pilot scripts. Finished them a while ago but just been polishing and editing. I really like how NYU has a multi medium curriculum with tv/movies/stage. So you get to dabble in everything

Good luck to you both! I am sure they're completely fine with 89.5 pages. I really like their multi medium approach as well.. Submitted a feature screenplay.

Feels so strange to have worked so hard on all these applications and now suddenly not having anything to do with my time but wait! Countdown beings..

Last edited:
While everyone is waiting for more info PLEASE take a moment to review the program on our site as an APPLICANT: (it can be anonymous)

Please list your pros and cons and why you applied to this program. Please also review all of the other programs that you applied to on the site. It will help others A TON. :)

You also assign start ratings to:
  • Alumni
  • Campus
  • Career Assistance
  • Equipment
  • Coursework
  • Professors
  • Financial Aid & Scholarships
You can review a film school as an:
  • Alumni
  • Current Student
  • Admitted Applicant
  • Current Applicant
  • Rejected Applicant
  • Official Tour
  • Unofficial Tour
  • Interview
Thank you! It'll be a HUGE help to the site and fellow applicants. :)

Last edited:
And it looks like the interview requests roll over a couple weeks based on last year's data. That makes me more nervous that knowing it comes out all at once.

Hey, have any of you gotten an update? I got a email this morning about a Financial Aid form that opened up and was advised to fill out. I know it has no affect on decisions but was just wondering if anyone has gotten anything similar? Seems weird that they would ask right NOW as opposed to earlier in the process, you know? Or have any of you done the same?

Hey, have any of you gotten an update? I got a email this morning about a Financial Aid form that opened up and was advised to fill out. I know it has no affect on decisions but was just wondering if anyone has gotten anything similar? Seems weird that they would ask right NOW as opposed to earlier in the process, you know? Or have any of you done the same?
I know I received an email reminding me to fill out a financial aid form that is optional on your application. The deadline for it was February 15th though.

I know I received an email reminding me to fill out a financial aid form that is optional on your application. The deadline for it was February 15th though.

See, that's weird about it, haha. I knew about that deadline too, so I don't know why they sent me the email and asked me to do it today.. haha we'll see

Thank you! I submitted a feature screenplay. It's only listed as 'portfolio' on the application portal. Does it say something different for you?
It says portfolio for me too! Sorry I mean if it lists the invite for an interview request on the application portal. For another school of mine, it updated on the portal before I received an email, so I was just curious.

It says portfolio for me too! Sorry I mean if it lists the invite for an interview request on the application portal. For another school of mine, it updated on the portal before I received an email, so I was just curious.

Oh, haha, sorry. Mmm, no, I can't see any notification on there..

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back