NYU Dramatic Writing MFA Fall 2017 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

essie

it's 51 degrees in NYC....or do you mean there is one coming up?!?!
whoops I must've heard the weather report wrong -- perhaps it was New York state or elsewhere in the northeast. will correct original so as not to confuse anyone else, thanks!

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé
whoops I must've heard the weather report wrong -- perhaps it was New York state or elsewhere in the northeast. will correct original so as not to confuse anyone else, thanks!
It's cold as ass today and there was a winter storm here. Schools were closed the other day, you didn't mishear.

essie

It's cold as ass today and there was a winter storm here. Schools were closed the other day, you didn't mishear.
lmao this has been a whirlwind. original point stands then -- weather could have slowed down updates from nyu. hang in there everyone!

Hey everyone! I just got an email to check my NYU decision status, and I have been waitlisted. It says "Movement on the wait list generally occurs between mid-May until the beginning of classes in September." Given that, I'll probably give up my place on it and commit to USC.

Good luck to everyone else!

Starksword

I've also been waitlisted! Heard about 4 hours ago. NYU is the only place I have applied for in the USA so this is my one shot as it were, trying to stay hopeful I do wonder what the likelihood of acceptance is when sitting on the wait list and if it's first come, first serve?

I have been a total lurker but I'm so glad I found this forum, it's so helpful to know everyone is in the same boat. Congrats to everyone who has been accepted and hang in there for everyone waiting to hear! Hoping for the best for all of us!

Christopher Gooley

I didn't get anything yet! I just found out that I got waitlisted to the musical theatre writing program at NYU

Starksword

I didn't get anything yet! I just found out that I got waitlisted to the musical theatre writing program at NYU
That's wonderful, Christopher! Fingers and toes crossed for us. It's exciting to know there's a chance of acceptance but it's also a special kind of torture! Did you also just need to confirm you would like to be on the list and no more? Wish there was more I could do but I guess we just need to play the waiting game now.

Kay Q.

I feel like final decisions should be released soon, because I've heard back from 2 of my schools already this is taking too long.

Christopher Gooley

I feel like final decisions should be released soon, because I've heard back from 2 of my schools already this is taking too long.
Called yesterday and they are VERY BEHIND... they said we will find out anytime between now and April 15th

Kay Q.

April 15?! *inserts Mr. Krabs meme* I would feel alot better if I had interviewed, but I didn't so I'll have to commit elsewhere before I hear back from them.

Kay Q.

I received my rejection today, so congrats to those that got in!

turburr

I was also waitlisted. I'm going to give up my spot because I'm already committed.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
Attn 2017 NYUers! As you're coming to the end of your program....please be sure to review the school on our review system. It can be an anonymous review:

Thanks!

Latest Applications

Latest reviews