NYU Dramatic Writing MFA Fall 2018 (Acceptance, Rejection, Etc.)

Is university housing the cheapest route? I'd prolly try to go outside of that, as the cheapest graduate housing is $1700/month for a shared studio. It said $8000 per semester, times that by two is $16000. That's only 9 months though, so there must be something better than $1700/month right?

Is university housing the cheapest route? I'd prolly try to go outside of that, as the cheapest graduate housing is $1700/month for a shared studio. It said $8000 per semester, times that by two is $16000. That's only 9 months though, so there must be something better than $1700/month right?
I’m hoping the same thing. A quick search through their off-campus options map shows some cheaper. I stayed in East Harlem a couple years ago for 1100 a month, own room, but tiny, still better than shared for 1700 though. However it was a temporary sublet so that may have changed the cost. That said I’d love to be in the area of the school which may be more expensive. Where are you thinking? I just want to make the most of the experience by being near “it all.” :)

I’m hoping the same thing. A quick search through their off-campus options map shows some cheaper. I stayed in East Harlem a couple years ago for 1100 a month, own room, but tiny, still better than shared for 1700 though. However it was a temporary sublet so that may have changed the cost. That said I’d love to be in the area of the school which may be more expensive. Where are you thinking? I just want to make the most of the experience by being near “it all.” :)

Well with the subway getting around won't be that bad, right? I think I'd be willing to do a 30 minute commute to save $500 or so a month.

I don't know New York well at all, part of why I'm visiting this weekend. Possibly Queens? With financial stuff I may not be able to go... so someone on this thread may get the spot instead. Have to decide by April 15th

Well with the subway getting around won't be that bad, right? I think I'd be willing to do a 30 minute commute to save $500 or so a month.

I don't know New York well at all, part of why I'm visiting this weekend. Possibly Queens? With financial stuff I may not be able to go... so someone on this thread may get the spot instead. Have to decide by April 15th
I hear you. The money is pretty crazy as I look at it realistically. Hopefully the financial aid packets will come through soon (I applied later than I’d like now). Yes the subway is super easy. I don’t know a ton, but East Harlem, just above the Park was safe and cheaper, I lived with two ballerina’s and all three of us felt safe at night etc. Queens I don’t know but it’s be cheaper. Also, up near 170th and above, on the A line is supposed to be a bit of a new cheaper area, Washington Heights. I’m told Astoria and Bushwick are also good choices. I think the living will be possible. I’m going to ask a few friends I know out there for more tips. I can pass them on if you’d like. Feel free to PM me also. I hope you work it out.

Hi everyone,
I was wait listed by Tisch and a couple of days ago they called me to offer me admission with a scholarship of 20k a year!! I'm thrilled that this happened but feel conflicted about what to do now. I was wondering if someone who's currently in the program could give me some advice?

Hi everyone,
I was wait listed by Tisch and a couple of days ago they called me to offer me admission with a scholarship of 20k a year!! I'm thrilled that this happened but feel conflicted about what to do now. I was wondering if someone who's currently in the program could give me some advice?
What did you decide to do?

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back