NYU Dramatic Writing MFA - Fall 2021 (1 Viewer)

imenergetic

Supporter
I was going through the applications looking for people who may have applied to NYU and USC and gotten into both and hoping they choose USC. LOL

euskera

They just sent estimated costs of tuition and it's literally 100k a year without scholarships/aid (including their overpriced housing which tacks on about 30k, which I wouldn't live on campus because heck no). But still!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
When you said financial aid do you mean loan or scholarship? We have a new scholarship awarded amount field if you feel like sharing in your Application on our database but no worries if you don't.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

Galadriel

Honestly the sticker shock for tuition--although I knew it was coming... is a lot. I got a bit of financial aid, but woof.
Right???!! I know I’ve officially lost my mind because I’m eager and hoping and praying... to get hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for this program LOL 🤣😱

Abbey Normal

Supporter+
They just sent estimated costs of tuition and it's literally 100k a year without scholarships/aid (including their overpriced housing which tacks on about 30k, which I wouldn't live on campus because heck no). But still!
Well, I'm going to AFI and I know it's hella expensive. If you want to be the Bonnie to my Clyde, we can go 50-50. Just saying!

nyscribe

This is giving me so much optimism right now! Not giving up yet! Here's hoping we'll be classmates! 🤞🤞🤞

Right???!! I know I’ve officially lost my mind because I’m eager and hoping and praying... to get hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for this program LOL 🤣😱
I'm feeling the same way ... happy to be in but the cost is crazy ... looks like $66,000 before any living expenses/housing. Im scrambling to try and figure it out ... small scholarship.

euskera

When you said financial aid do you mean loan or scholarship? We have a new scholarship awarded amount field if you feel like sharing in your Application on our database but no worries if you don't.
I mean scholarship! Sorry.

And here's the breakdown.
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 3.07.52 PM.png

Plus a semester.
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 3.07.57 PM.png

Honestly the reality of it has sucked out a lot of the joy of getting in for me. It's likely I'll still go... RIP. But yeah. Yikes. Here we go, might as well gamble since the world is dying a heat death anyways. Sorry, too dark...

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I mean scholarship! Sorry.

And here's the breakdown.
View attachment 2262
Plus a semester.
View attachment 2263

Honestly the reality of it has sucked out a lot of the joy of getting in for me. It's likely I'll still go... RIP. But yeah. Yikes. Here we go, might as well gamble since the world is dying a heat death anyways. Sorry, too dark...
Oh wow. Yeah update your application with scholarship info if you can. I think that'll be helpful to people. 👍👍

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member

imenergetic

Supporter
Nice. You guys should create a Waitlisted 2021 thread for all the Waitlisted people from different programs.

We used to have a Waitlisted thread and a rejected thread for people to commiserate.
I'll do this tonight once I've been home alone long enough that my despair starts kicking in. :D

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I'll do this tonight once I've been home alone long enough that my despair starts kicking in. :D
Actually one was already created.

Someone still needs to create a rejected 2021 thread.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Someone still needs to create a rejected 2021 thread
Created one.

Also do I could share one of the best animated films of all time. 🤣

Hi all, I didn't know this forum existed. I got in! I only applied here, so... thank god.

Where is everyone seeing their financial aid info? I logged into NYU Home but I don't see it. Is it rolling out person by person?

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications