NYU Dramatic Writing MFA - Fall 2021

marianass45

Supporter+
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is having a good and safe end of the year!!
And also Merry Christmas to you all 🎄

I'm a bit confused about the financial aid form that is optional. As an international student, this is very confusing to me hahahahha
The first thing they ask is for me to check one of the options:

"Which of the following funding sources do you plan to use to pay for graduate school?
NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission
Employer Contribution
Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship(s)/Fellowships
Government Grants
Other Funding Source(s) Not Listed Above"

Is the first option the one I should check if I want to receive financial aid/scholarship from NYU itself, right?

Thank you and also if I can't reply before December 31th, have an amazing New Year as well! 😄

katiebonnie

Supporter
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is having a good and safe end of the year!!
And also Merry Christmas to you all 🎄

I'm a bit confused about the financial aid form that is optional. As an international student, this is very confusing to me hahahahha
The first thing they ask is for me to check one of the options:

"Which of the following funding sources do you plan to use to pay for graduate school?
NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission
Employer Contribution
Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship(s)/Fellowships
Government Grants
Other Funding Source(s) Not Listed Above"

Is the first option the one I should check if I want to receive financial aid/scholarship from NYU itself, right?

Thank you and also if I can't reply before December 31th, have an amazing New Year as well! 😄
Hey! Happy New Year! ✨

I'm sure you've probably done it by now but I've just filled mine in (I'm an international student too) and I put Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship/Fellowship and Other Funding Sources. I can't attend without a scholarship but am going to see if I could also get a bank loan because my government has no funding options (UK).

From what I understand, we are automatically considered for an NYU scholarship if we said we wanted to apply for it in the application? I think tuition remission is for people who are employed full-time by NYU, I didn't know what it was either so I googled it haha! https://www.nyu.edu/faculty/benefits/full-time/faqs/tuition-remission-new-employee-faqs.html

Hope that helps!

marianass45

Supporter+
Hey! Happy New Year! ✨

I'm sure you've probably done it by now but I've just filled mine in (I'm an international student too) and I put Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship/Fellowship and Other Funding Sources. I can't attend without a scholarship but am going to see if I could also get a bank loan because my government has no funding options (UK).

From what I understand, we are automatically considered for an NYU scholarship if we said we wanted to apply for it in the application? I think tuition remission is for people who are employed full-time by NYU, I didn't know what it was either so I googled it haha! https://www.nyu.edu/faculty/benefits/full-time/faqs/tuition-remission-new-employee-faqs.html

Hope that helps!
Happy New Year!! ✨
Thanks for your help!!

I had google it before as well and I saw it was for NYU employees. But since they used a "/" on the option, I thought that they meant that the option was about NYU fund and/or NYU Tuition Remission ("NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission").

I haven't finished the documents yet, because I'm still not sure about what to actually check. I'll probably buy some skype credits to call them this week! hahahahha I'll let you know as well!! I also need a scholarship since the currency in Brazil is very devalued compared to the US Dolar.

Hope it works for us!! 😄

Last edited:

katiebonnie

Supporter
Happy New Year!! ✨
Thanks for your help!!

I had google it before as well and I saw it was for NYU employees. But since they used a "/" on the option, I thought that they meant that the option was about NYU fund and/or NYU Tuition Remission ("NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission").

I haven't finished the documents yet, because I'm still not sure about what to actually check. I'll probably buy some skype credits to call them this week! hahahahha I'll let you know as well!! I also need a scholarship since the currency in Brazil is very devalued compared to the US Dolar.

Hope it works for us!! 😄
Oooh good point... If you could let me know what they say that would be great - I'll update the form haha!

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll start hearing about interviews soon! Although with the chaos of this year I've decided not to panic until I've got a rejection letter. Everyone holding up ok?

Hey all, I applied last year too (waitlisted) and received an email from one of the professors on March 2nd to interview. It was basically a quick "Hey, can I call you tonight and is this your number?" email that honestly almost went to my spam. So be on the lookout for something like that and good luck!
Oh, wow! Good to know- thank you. I will be watching my email like a hawk.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
So It Begins Helms Deep GIF

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous

Latest Accepted Applications