• IT'S HAPPENING! Celebrate interview season by becoming or upgrading to a Lifetime Supporting Membership for ONLY $15! (25% off) by entering the coupon code "ITSHAPPENING" . Thanks for being a member of the site!

NYU Dramatic Writing MFA - Fall 2021

marianass45

Supporter+
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is having a good and safe end of the year!!
And also Merry Christmas to you all 🎄

I'm a bit confused about the financial aid form that is optional. As an international student, this is very confusing to me hahahahha
The first thing they ask is for me to check one of the options:

"Which of the following funding sources do you plan to use to pay for graduate school?
NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission
Employer Contribution
Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship(s)/Fellowships
Government Grants
Other Funding Source(s) Not Listed Above"

Is the first option the one I should check if I want to receive financial aid/scholarship from NYU itself, right?

Thank you and also if I can't reply before December 31th, have an amazing New Year as well! 😄

katiebonnie

Supporter
Hey guys,
Hope everyone is having a good and safe end of the year!!
And also Merry Christmas to you all 🎄

I'm a bit confused about the financial aid form that is optional. As an international student, this is very confusing to me hahahahha
The first thing they ask is for me to check one of the options:

"Which of the following funding sources do you plan to use to pay for graduate school?
NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission
Employer Contribution
Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship(s)/Fellowships
Government Grants
Other Funding Source(s) Not Listed Above"

Is the first option the one I should check if I want to receive financial aid/scholarship from NYU itself, right?

Thank you and also if I can't reply before December 31th, have an amazing New Year as well! 😄
Hey! Happy New Year! ✨

I'm sure you've probably done it by now but I've just filled mine in (I'm an international student too) and I put Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship/Fellowship and Other Funding Sources. I can't attend without a scholarship but am going to see if I could also get a bank loan because my government has no funding options (UK).

From what I understand, we are automatically considered for an NYU scholarship if we said we wanted to apply for it in the application? I think tuition remission is for people who are employed full-time by NYU, I didn't know what it was either so I googled it haha! https://www.nyu.edu/faculty/benefits/full-time/faqs/tuition-remission-new-employee-faqs.html

Hope that helps!

marianass45

Supporter+
Hey! Happy New Year! ✨

I'm sure you've probably done it by now but I've just filled mine in (I'm an international student too) and I put Outside (Non-NYU) Scholarship/Fellowship and Other Funding Sources. I can't attend without a scholarship but am going to see if I could also get a bank loan because my government has no funding options (UK).

From what I understand, we are automatically considered for an NYU scholarship if we said we wanted to apply for it in the application? I think tuition remission is for people who are employed full-time by NYU, I didn't know what it was either so I googled it haha! https://www.nyu.edu/faculty/benefits/full-time/faqs/tuition-remission-new-employee-faqs.html

Hope that helps!
Happy New Year!! ✨
Thanks for your help!!

I had google it before as well and I saw it was for NYU employees. But since they used a "/" on the option, I thought that they meant that the option was about NYU fund and/or NYU Tuition Remission ("NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission").

I haven't finished the documents yet, because I'm still not sure about what to actually check. I'll probably buy some skype credits to call them this week! hahahahha I'll let you know as well!! I also need a scholarship since the currency in Brazil is very devalued compared to the US Dolar.

Hope it works for us!! 😄

Last edited:

katiebonnie

Supporter
Happy New Year!! ✨
Thanks for your help!!

I had google it before as well and I saw it was for NYU employees. But since they used a "/" on the option, I thought that they meant that the option was about NYU fund and/or NYU Tuition Remission ("NYU / NYU Langone Tuition Remission").

I haven't finished the documents yet, because I'm still not sure about what to actually check. I'll probably buy some skype credits to call them this week! hahahahha I'll let you know as well!! I also need a scholarship since the currency in Brazil is very devalued compared to the US Dolar.

Hope it works for us!! 😄
Oooh good point... If you could let me know what they say that would be great - I'll update the form haha!

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews