NYU Dramatic Writing (1 Viewer)

theseus214s

Yeah, I'm not sure either. I figured since AFI and other writing programs do interviews, NYU would do them too.

Any idea on how many people apply and how many get accepted?

sophiedog

Hey, has anyone heard anything new this week? I haven't heard anything from NYU dramatic writing and don't know when/if they call for interviews.

Calliegrl03

I was going to apply to the DW program at NYU, but my playwriting professor (who graduated from the program) told me not to. It's too restricted apperantly. You all should look into film production at NYU as well.

Calliegrl03

It wasn't creative enough...The professor didn't give them any freedom to write, really. I met a man who transfered from the DW to Film production and was a lot happier.

luverbouy

I spoke with Joe m. at NYU today--he's the guy you email about the wait list. According to Joe; moving from the MFA Dramatic Writing waitlist won't happen until the end of May. And, the waitlist could stay open all summer. Tisch-Asia wait list "moves" could happen sooner. "The department has more information."
*sigh*
Think I'll try them next. Any body have a point of contact in the DWP?

TS

FYI, anyone from 2009 NYU Dramatic Writing applicant pool:

I just talked to someone in admissions, they say they're not doing interviews this year for DW students.

Suzako

Hey guys, this afternoon I got a little call from a professor at NYU Dramatic Writing. It was sort of an interview, but since it caught me completely off-guard it went by like a blur.

He was very clear that this does Not mean I'm accepted, but that it was a good sign. I have NO idea if they have any intention to call everyone they are considering or anything. Just reporting. He was extremely nice. I was so thrown I didn't ask when decisions would be sent out! I'll send an e-mail in the next few days though.

KayS

Hey I got a call from NYU Dramatic Writing today, but it was noisy where I was so I scheduled to talk to the professor tomorrow morning (or....in a few hours...DAMNIT! I need to get to bed.) I have no idea what to expect on this one.

KayS

I just talked to a professor at NYU, and it lasted fifteen minutes or so. He asked some simple questions that I was prepared for because it was similar to other interview questions talked about on this forum, nothing out of the ordinary. He did ask me what I was working on now. I didn't get a chance to ask when decisions would be made!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications