NYU 2008 Dramatic Writing

Haha, yeah, its funny they don't let you know when decisions will be made. I'm e-mailing the guy I spoke to today and hopefully will get an answer. I don't want to be pushy, but answers are always nice. I suspect we will hear after NYU's spring break (which is mid-March).

Has anyone else heard for DW interviews? I have not been contacted but did not receive a "dreaded February 6th" rejection letter.

However, I did read somewhere in this forum that Tish is not doing interviews for DW this year. I have no idea if this info is accurate, though.

Hello all 2009/DW applicants,

I'm curious if anyone here has gotten the email which other Tisch applicants appear to have gotten, which gives you a link and a PIN code to check your application status?

Let me know, I haven't heard a peep from NYU since sending in my app!

hey Miriam!! I'm a Senior in high school that applied to the DW department. I am mostly into screenwriting and don't have much experience in playwriting, so I was wondering how you like it. Do you think it will be worth learning for me?

Hey, ThePerk, I'm pretty sure (although, Miriam, feel free to correct me) that Miriam decided to go to Columbia instead of NYU-DW.

Perhaps, its up to the reviewers or not a set rule. Because I got a very interview-like phone call last week.

Or maybe I'm on the bubble? Who knows. The school is very secretive, I feel like, haha

He asked like "what are you working on now?" "what have you done since college?" That sort of thing. He said he had read my materials (mostly TV stuff). Maybe TV does semi-interviews and not film?? Because there are 3 areas of focus (screenwriting, tv-writing and playwriting)

Eeep, Panda_Bear, I'm sorry to upset you! I really have no idea what the deal is! Be optimistic! It's all a giant riddle!

Hello, folks! I also had a phone interview for Dramatic Writing, which I believe I bombed. I was told letters would go out in the coming week or two. But other MFA writing divisions at NYU are notified by phone. Has anyone received an acceptance call for Dramatic Writing? If you do get one, please post! Good luck to all!

I've heard once or twice that Goldberg wasn't performing interviews for their dramatic writing MFAs this year. But so many people are getting interviews. Now I'm beginning to worry. Especially because I declined admission to Tisch Asia last year after being waitlisted for NYC.

I had the same experience as Suzako for dramatic writing. Phone interview, same questions, but my sample was film not tv. There is no rhyme or reason! ahh...

Are you guys checking your tisch website application accounts? Because I thought someone said that's how they were rejected so now I'm checking it obsessively.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back