NYU Dramatic Writing

I'm so sorry about your rejection notices.

Well looks like the answerers are finally coming in. Just curious WillieGreen and New2you did you get the link to your notice in your email or did you have to log into your NYU profile to get the notice.

I haven't been contacted for an interview, so I guess I'm looking for my notice and where the hell to find it.

Ugh I am so not looking forward to the process of waiting till summer to apply for the 2011 semester of something like UCLA or Northwestern.

New2you

They sent an email with a link to the Nyu website. You have to sign in to your online application to see your decision.

Neville26

Still no decision link for me on the NYU app page. We'll see though. Probably will be coming later today. It takes time to update those apps through the system and I'm sure once they do, an automatic email will be coming my way.

I just double checked my NYU page as well. Didn't have a link, really annoying since I figured that if they sent one rejection notice that they should probably be sending them all out.

I mean in this day and age and with all their tuition money you'd think they could afford some kind of e-infrastructure where they could get all these notices out at once. Ugh so annoying wish I could get a definitive answer so I can move on to the third stage in my 5 stages of grieving process.

Neville26

Lobster, true, but the way these things work (I think, since it's how our admissions office works--and I work in a graduate admissions office) is that someone updates applicant's info in the system and then, an automated decision link is sent to your email. That's what I meant by we'll probably know by end of today or tomorrow, if we're getting rejected. Since it's not like the old days, where they print up all rejection letters and mail them out collectively, we can expect a little delay between hearing whether or not we're rejected I think. At least, that's how we do it. It's still better then waiting days for the mail to come.

Generallyspeaking22

The other possibility is that we're "second rounders" which means they'll probably ask you to consider Tisch Asia.

I think if I re-apply, I'll have to hand in a stronger personal statement along with my most recent writing samples (i.e specs and pilots)

Silverlenz

Sorry to hear that Impossible. Hang in there.

SilverLenz

Neville26

Sorry, Impossible. But congrats, Dusty Elephant. Did you receive an interview or was this the first you've heard from Tisch Dramatic Writing since you applied?

etone112

got rejected from Dramatic Writing yesterday and then today I was sent an email saying that they are considering me for Tisch Asia's Dramatic Writing. did everyone get this email or is it a selective thing? Curious minds want to know. congrats to everyone who got in.

WillieGreen

Originally posted by etone112:
got rejected from Dramatic Writing yesterday and then today I was sent an email saying that they are considering me for Tisch Asia's Dramatic Writing. did everyone get this email or is it a selective thing? Curious minds want to know. congrats to everyone who got in.

I got the Tisch Asia email thingy, too.

Ugh this is so annoying...Still haven't heard anything back yet, even though it sounds like the flood gates are opening.

ds2142a did you ever have an interview before getting in?

Also what's all this stuff about being deferred to the dramatic writing in Asia program? How does that work, is that program supposed to be any good?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse