NYU Grad Film school Fall 2021

Attachments

• B80967FA-5551-4BE2-82F6-F58FACAAD9E3.jpeg
    B80967FA-5551-4BE2-82F6-F58FACAAD9E3.jpeg
    235.7 KB · Views: 199

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter
Congratulations to everyone who got in and everyone waitlisted!! If you're comfortable sharing, I would love to some of your portfolio submissions. I didn't get an interview so I'd appreciate seeing the caliber I need to work up to. Feel free to DM me or reply here :) Thank you in advance :)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Congratulations to everyone who got in and everyone waitlisted!! If you're comfortable sharing, I would love to some of your portfolio submissions. I didn't get an interview so I'd appreciate seeing the caliber I need to work up to. Feel free to DM me or reply here :) Thank you in advance :)

Yes if accepted people could update their application with their portfolios that would be awesome.

rpgh

Hi all,

I just wanted to say that if you weren't offered a place this year, don't lose hope for next year. The first year I applied, I wasn't even offered an interview and on my second attempt I was offered a place and a scholarship. I also heard that many of the places this year were reserved for accepted applicants from last year who were unable to attend due to COVID. Additionally, the number of applications rose significantly this year (I think I read somewhere between 30-50%). There were way more people applying for fewer places, so if you're desperate to go to NYU, it's definitely worth trying again next year.

Whatever you decide to do, I wish you the best of luck with it.

Okae23

Hey is it possible if someone who got accepted can send me their application materials? I plan to apply next year and just want to get an idea what they are looking for.!!

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Hey is it possible if someone who got accepted can send me their application materials? I plan to apply next year and just want to get an idea what they are looking for.!!
There may also be some NYU applications in the database that have material attached but I can't remember for sure.

Hopefully those accepted this year can add their material to their Applications here as well. :)

AuA

If any accepted students are still here: would you like to make a group chat? As far as I understand, a lot of you will be relocating to New York so it might be extra helpful to do something like that. . .

If any accepted students are still here: would you like to make a group chat? As far as I understand, a lot of you will be relocating to New York so it might be extra helpful to do something like that. . .
I’d love that! It would be nice to get to know everyone a bit before school. I’m already based in New York and would be happy to offer any advice I can.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Is there's any thread for accepted students?

There's the private forum which you can gain access by going here:

Although it's not as active as the other private forums (but you can change that! :) )

But also feel free to create an accepted students thread in the public part of the site if you want to.

Zackry

It looks like someone on the NYU MFA dramatic writing waitlist got admitted. I wonder how the graduate program is going? Anyone planning on declining?
From some research I did, some people got in the program by end of April and early May. Not sure how different departments work though.

Zackry

Anyone get off the waitlist? Does anyone also know when the deadline to accept was for those that were accepted?
Nothing for me yet, it was April 24th probably as it was mentioned on the letter or somewhere else. Any news for you?

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications