NYU Grad Film school Fall 2021

Cy98

I am currently filling out the Financial Aid Application form for NYU grad film and I could use some guidance. How much is it reasonable to say we will need in institutional scholarship funding from NYU - meaning how much are they really willing to give? If you have any other tips on this matter please do let me know. Anything will be of use as I am unfamiliar with the US application process.
You should ask for however much you need. NYU is an expensive school and they know that, so they won’t think it’s crazy for applicants to ask for a large scholarship.

Cy98

Looking back at past apps, invitations for interviews didn’t go out til Feb 10 or so
Yup ur right, I really thought February 10 was next week when its actually 2 weeks away smhhhh

heliC

Took the advice and checked my vimeo analytics - no view at all. Since the interviews are coming up, does it mean I didn't get in or it's possible they just take it slow????

Soleil

Took the advice and checked my vimeo analytics - no view at all. Since the interviews are coming up, does it mean I didn't get in or it's possible they just take it slow????
I learned from someone at another film school that their number of applications went up by 30% this year, so it’s very possible things were the same everywhere else and that things are moving slowly due to that. It may also help you to know that invitations for interviews went out primarily between Feb 8-18 last year, so I probably wouldn’t assume anything unless it’s after Feb 20...

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter
If I remember correctly, before I submitted my slideroom app I believe there was like a statement I had to check off. It said something along the lines of "views may or may not be counted via Vimeo, even if someone actually viewed it." So, I think it may be a bit early to be worried :) Best to you!

Cy98

If I remember correctly, before I submitted my slideroom app I believe there was like a statement I had to check off. It said something along the lines of "views may or may not be counted via Vimeo, even if someone actually viewed it." So, I think it may be a bit early to be worried :) Best to you!
Yea I remember seeing something like that when I was completing my application

heliC

I learned from someone at another film school that their number of applications went up by 30% this year, so it’s very possible things were the same everywhere else and that things are moving slowly due to that. It may also help you to know that invitations for interviews went out primarily between Feb 8-18 last year, so I probably wouldn’t assume anything unless it’s after Feb 20...
Very possible and very reasonable. I would wait till 20 to see then.

Cy98

218A17E2-45BE-4D5A-ADB6-55B93C7D805B.jpeg

*Me refreshing my email every 2 minutes now that we have reached February*

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous
  • USC School of Cinematic Arts (BA/BFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    A Journey Most Illuminating
    I started my USC adventure as a Theatre major. I quickly discovered that I needed to change paths, and film had always been of interest. I thought...
    • JHD
  • London Film School (LFS) - Directing Summer School with Udayan Prasad
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Filmmaking Intensive, Though Pricey
    I attended this summer program in 2019. I wanted to try out directing in an environment where I would get feedback on my work and where I could...
    • llueve
  • Northwestern University - School of Communication
    4.00 star(s)
    Good for film theory, not so much for production
    *Please take this with a grain of salt, as I went to NU over a decade ago. While I was there: Classes in film theory and screenwriting were great...
    • Anonymous
  • Film And Television Institute of India
    4.00 star(s)
    Graduate Certificate, TV Direction
    I was enrolled in the 1-year Direction certificate course in the TV wing in the session 2018-19. Following are the pros and cons that I...
    • ValArya

Latest Accepted Applications