NYU Grad Film school Fall 2021

Cy98

I am currently filling out the Financial Aid Application form for NYU grad film and I could use some guidance. How much is it reasonable to say we will need in institutional scholarship funding from NYU - meaning how much are they really willing to give? If you have any other tips on this matter please do let me know. Anything will be of use as I am unfamiliar with the US application process.
You should ask for however much you need. NYU is an expensive school and they know that, so they won’t think it’s crazy for applicants to ask for a large scholarship.

Cy98

Has anybody heard anything from NYU yet?

Cy98

Looking back at past apps, invitations for interviews didn’t go out til Feb 10 or so
Yup ur right, I really thought February 10 was next week when its actually 2 weeks away smhhhh

heliC

Took the advice and checked my vimeo analytics - no view at all. Since the interviews are coming up, does it mean I didn't get in or it's possible they just take it slow????

Soleil

Took the advice and checked my vimeo analytics - no view at all. Since the interviews are coming up, does it mean I didn't get in or it's possible they just take it slow????
I learned from someone at another film school that their number of applications went up by 30% this year, so it’s very possible things were the same everywhere else and that things are moving slowly due to that. It may also help you to know that invitations for interviews went out primarily between Feb 8-18 last year, so I probably wouldn’t assume anything unless it’s after Feb 20...

ScriptToScreenDream

Supporter
If I remember correctly, before I submitted my slideroom app I believe there was like a statement I had to check off. It said something along the lines of "views may or may not be counted via Vimeo, even if someone actually viewed it." So, I think it may be a bit early to be worried :) Best to you!

Cy98

If I remember correctly, before I submitted my slideroom app I believe there was like a statement I had to check off. It said something along the lines of "views may or may not be counted via Vimeo, even if someone actually viewed it." So, I think it may be a bit early to be worried :) Best to you!
Yea I remember seeing something like that when I was completing my application

heliC

I learned from someone at another film school that their number of applications went up by 30% this year, so it’s very possible things were the same everywhere else and that things are moving slowly due to that. It may also help you to know that invitations for interviews went out primarily between Feb 8-18 last year, so I probably wouldn’t assume anything unless it’s after Feb 20...
Very possible and very reasonable. I would wait till 20 to see then.

Cy98

218A17E2-45BE-4D5A-ADB6-55B93C7D805B.jpeg

*Me refreshing my email every 2 minutes now that we have reached February*

Latest Accepted Applications

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Brooklyn College (CUNY) Feirstein - MFA in Cinematography
    1.00 star(s)
    A Mess
    It took me a while to write this review but when I saw there were none from current students I felt it was important to do so. I came to Feirstein...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Undergraduate Film & Television
    5.00 star(s)
    I had a great time here but that was back in the late 90s
    I loved NYU. I was a pre-med student who transferred in 1999 and graduated 2001. I received two scholarships, multiple grants and loans. They had...
    • anniewaits
  • Boston University - College of Communication (M.F.A. Screenwriting)
    4.00 star(s)
    Screenwriting Program Review by a Second Year Student
    Current student in the screenwriting MFA program at BU. There’s a lot to love in this program, I think overall it is one of the more underrated...
    • Cody Young
  • Hofstra University - Department of Radio, Television, Film
    5.00 star(s)
    Quality Facilities, Caring Professors
    Great school that prepares you for the New York film and television scene. The facilities are state of the art and the teachers are top notch.
    • joekgilberto
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Go if you have a sizable scholarship
    Ultimately glad I went, but my overall experience at Emerson felt very lackluster. The courses were good, but nothing really worth sinking almost...
    • Anonymous

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications