Fellow MFA/MBA dual degree applicants, Stern just sent out their interview invitation as well!

Did any non-MBA applicants (just regular Grad Film MFA) receive invites yet? Haven't seen anything on this site—and a friend applying confirmed they haven't received anything—but I know Feb 8 was the notification date from last year... Obviously it's a small pool so maybe I'm just being optimistic. Regardless, good luck to everyone going in for one!

Did any non-MBA applicants (just regular Grad Film MFA) receive invites yet? Haven't seen anything on this site—and a friend applying confirmed they haven't received anything—but I know Feb 8 was the notification date from last year... Obviously it's a small pool so maybe I'm just being optimistic. Regardless, good luck to everyone going in for one!
Nope! At this point I’m thinking in should have gone for the dual degree haha

I don't think I got an interview from Columbia. Tisch is the only other school I applied. this is torture. I've been checking my vimeo status and only got 2 views from slideroom and they never even finished watching it. I am totally doomed.

I don't think I got an interview from Columbia. Tisch is the only other school I applied. this is torture. I've been checking my vimeo status and only got 2 views from slideroom and they never even finished watching it. I am totally doomed.
They didn't finished mine, either. :(

I remember on the NYU app they said to basically ignore vimeo views, so I'd say try not to put too much weight into that!

Last year they sent all the interviews out on the same day at the same time. I think they might be doing it differently this year with breaking the Dual degree up from us (MFA only) and reaching out to them earlier (they had a separate app then us on Slide room so it's likely). It definitely has to be this week because interviews are usually the end of the month of February to early March and notifications of acceptance are middle March.

I applied last year for the first time and was waitlisted after my interview- but a spot didn't open up. I'd find it very surprising if I didn't get an interview this year when I would have been a student if a spot opened up last year (but honestly anything is possible). Good luck to everyone!

and was waitlisted after my interview

Just curious, when you say "after interview" – were you notified of being waitlisted immediately after the interview, or on the official decision date? I was always unclear from the application tracker too – if "after interview" meant you were immediately told what your status was, or in March.

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back