NYU Graduate Film 2022 (1 Viewer)

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Got everything done. I’m spending the rest of the month reviewing and getting feedback from a few friends. I’m nervous but excited with what I‘ve come up with! I’m submitting video work as a part of my portfolio.
Good luck! Be sure to add your application to our database once you submit it. :)

VBM

Yes, good luck everybody! I'm reapplying too :) I emailed about the same prompts but didn't receive a reply -- I'll take it they haven't changed and continue writing my portfolio? Also, is the film concept supposed to be fully developed or a basic sense of themes, characters and rough plot will do?

I'm reapplying this year as well! Does anyone know if we need to update our recommendation letters and personal statements? I would obviously like to upload new material for the creative portfolio, but I'm not sure who to get a recommendation from this year.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I'm reapplying this year as well! Does anyone know if we need to update our recommendation letters and personal statements? I would obviously like to upload new material for the creative portfolio, but I'm not sure who to get a recommendation from this year.
I would definitely write a new personal statement. From talking to other admissions departments that's one of the most important things for admission so if you were denied last year the personal statement may have been one reason why.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
Got everything done. I’m spending the rest of the month reviewing and getting feedback from a few friends. I’m nervous but excited with what I‘ve come up with! I’m submitting video work as a part of my portfolio.
How are you feeling about your stuff 2 months later? Hopefully you're even more happier with it.

TOSH.9

Supporter
Did you submit yet? Or are you waiting?
I definitely feel silly having felt so confidently about the early drafts of my writing work. Much more happy with the elements- tho the 1 page treatment is a hard one! I have not submitted yet, feel very protective and will probably hold out for a few more weeks.

Chris W

Willem was robbed
Staff member
I definitely feel silly having felt so confidently about the early drafts of my writing work. Much more happy with the elements
Funny how that works huh?

tho the 1 page treatment is a hard one!
Yes! Condensing and editing down to the most important elements is an important skill to hone and work on. I still am.

I am attending the virtual session. Also how is everyone doing on the process of their applications. I definitely am nervous about putting my work in the application portal I feel like once I do there is no turning back! Also for the picture they ask to submit of yourself what is everyone doing for it? A more professional head shot style photo or a more personal one?

TOSH.9

Supporter
im doing a more personal photo rather than ‘prof’. Somewhere between selfie and staged, I believe they call that candid lol. the nerves are definitely there for me too, once we submit we’ve lost all the control.

Last edited:
Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

Colella612
Updated
3.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Views
Reaction score
Reviews
Questions
After the light bulb on her film projector burns out, an elderly woman must confront a nightmarish world as well as the trauma of her past as she seeks to find a replacement before her memories are lost forever.
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
Directing Short Film II: Visual Story
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Drama
Duration/Running Time
5:58
Film Completion
May 3, 2021
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
An exploration of the history and modern day importance of postcards.
Film Program
Course
PROD 670
Film Type
Thesis Film
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
17:31
Film Completion
May 1, 2021

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications