NYU housing questions

notalent

Hi everyone. I just got accepted to NYU and I was thinking about getting a dorm first before finding something outside. So here are my questions:
1) how much do you guys pay a month for ur dorm? (and how big is ur dorm of course?)
2) Is it cheaper than a decent apartment outside of NYU?
3) which housing residence hall is the best?
4) is it better to share or to have ur own room?
5) tv? internet? bathroom? etc..
6) do you have something else to say about it?

THANKS A LOT

Originally posted by Bandar Albuliwi:
As an undergrad you are required to live on campus. You can't live outside.

are you serious? so basically, they are forcing me to live there and to pay the rent?

im assuming you are an undergrad freshman.

1) how much do you guys pay a month for ur dorm? (and how big is ur dorm of course?)
i paid 8600 for the year (4300 a semester was the charge) and it was a large room with a large closet and private bathroom.
2) Is it cheaper than a decent apartment outside of NYU?
for freshman? probably not. for upperclass, possibly. definitely in some cases.
3) which housing residence hall is the best?
hayden is the most popular among freshman. its cool. rubin is where i was and i liked it.
4) is it better to share or to have ur own room?
you wont get your own room without a medical condition. it just wont happen, singles are so rare in nyu freshman housing.
5) tv? internet? bathroom? etc..
yes, yes, yes.
6) do you have something else to say about it?
maybe later.

oh, and if you are an upperclassman, there are a few 8000-9000 range (per year) low cost options, but most are around 12-13k a school year. all upperclass dorms have tv, internet, bathrooms, and kitchens. some are studios. it is easier to get a single as an upperclassman, unless you are a transfer in which case housing might be more difficult to get. alumni hall is all singles. singles in the other buildings are here and there. i would personally choose to have a single as long as its in a suite, so you can still have suitemates but you can shut the door on them as well.

Hey! I just graduated from NYU and lived in Goddard for two years. It's small, but clean and on the square. Will you be taking classes? I work in housing and no for a fact that the waitlist is over 3000 people if you're not taking a class.

Originally posted by whatdoyouknow:
Hey! I just graduated from NYU and lived in Goddard for two years. It's small, but clean and on the square. Will you be taking classes? I work in housing and no for a fact that the waitlist is over 3000 people if you're not taking a class.

Hi. I will be taking classes this summer yeah. Im going to apply for a summer housing at goddard, and while living there, ill look for a place off campus

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back