NYU Tisch Dramatic Writing Interviews

luverbouy

not me, not yet. Now I'm freaking out a little. Had an interview....thought I could be in the running. Congrats Miriam May!

Just got off the phone with the terse receptionist at the DW dept. She said that letters are being sent out this week and next. I asked her if I hadn't received a phone interview does that count me out from being accepted? She would only say, "Wait for the letter".

I don't know what the big secret is with this interview/no interview stuff. If everyone who's accepted has a phone interview just say so. If not, say so. I hate you, NYU Tisch Rita and Burton Goldberg Dramatic Writing Department, because you hate me.

wopdom

Call me a pessimist but I find it highly unlikely that those of us who didn't get a phone interview and didn't get called with notification of acceptance today will get a letter in the mail telling us we got in. I can be that harsh because I am among the rejects...

luverbouy

No call today, but I'm still thinking about the snoopy-dance I'll have when they do. ;)
If/when folks do call the department, I would keep it nice. Those guys are probably inundated with calls. Not worth the hating. You never know. I had a friend who talked his way off the "wait list" for his Columbia MBA, and got in. keeping hope alive!

Last edited by a moderator:

Antoinette

Hey Everybody. I'm brand new here. So I got waitlisted for Tisch Dramatic Writing Graduate School. Anybody know the chances of getting in? And did anybody else get waitlisted?

Antoinette

I got an email today to log in to my online Tisch account. There there was a letter stating that I got waitlisted and needed to send an email to remain on the waitlist.

I think some people may be able to check their acceptance status if they applied via an online account.

luverbouy

Oh yes. WAIT LIST! The drama continues...The fat lady is not even warming-up in my mind. I love this. Wondering how many people are on this lovely list. Betting it is all part of the master plan of DRAMATIC WRITING. Can we put "waitlisted" in the dictionary as a verb? passive, ugh. Put together a list and watch the drama continue. Cool. I am still keeping the faith, my peeps.

They are printing the letters right now.

By my estimation they'll have the envelopes stuffed tomorrow, addressed friday, stamped on tuesday (after a day of rest monday), and picked up by the postal service by wednesday.

mellowphone

And the plot thickens:
This is my first post here, but I thought you might want to hear about my call to the admissions people. I specified that I was a Dramatic Writing Graduate applicant, and asked if it was a negative that I had not yet heard.
I was told that letters didn't start getting sent out until last Thursday, and "not to worry about it just yet."
Is there hope? I guess we'll find out. I'll keep you posted.

luverbouy

Yes, I phoned today as well. I wanted to make sure they had received my email accepting my "wait list status". I was told also that it would be as late as May for any offers were made to folks on the wait list. So, here I am waiting. On the wait list.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive anything in the mail from NYU? I talked to them on Tuesday and they said they sent stuff out LAST WEEK. I live in Brooklyn and haven't received anything.

(I was not interviewed or waitlisted)

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• Cal State Northridge (CSUN) - MFA in Screenwriting Program
    3.00 star(s)
    I was accepted to the CSUN MFA program in 2018 and took part in in for a full year; however, I recently decided not to go back and complete the...
    • Anonymous
  • Savannah College of Art and Design (MFA)
    1.00 star(s)
    The school is a complete honeypot, department head Donald.W Moffett has limited film production experience and has not idea how to properly guide...
    • Anonymous
  • Emerson College
    3.00 star(s)
    Emerson opened a lot of doors for me, so I can't dismiss that fact. However, I don't think it was necessary for me to go to Emerson as opposed to...
    • Anonymous
  • NYU - Tisch Kanbar Institute of Film and Television (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Currently in my third year of my MFA at NYU Tisch Grad Film (writing/directing). I cannot praise this program enough! It exceeded any expectation...
    • Anonymous
  • National Film and Television School (NFTS)
    5.00 star(s)
    I'm currently in my first year of a 2 year MA at the NFTS. I saw these relatively negative reviews about the NFTS before I applied, but I can now...
    • VDW