NYU Tisch Dramatic Writing Interviews

Hello. This is my first post.

Has anyone else been contacted by Tisch Dramatic Writing for phone interview? I had mine, but the whole process was quite bizzare, and I am wondering what others' experiences are.

This is for NYC not Asia, but I'm open to hear anyone's experiences!

Thanks!

MM

Just got off the phone with the terse receptionist at the DW dept. She said that letters are being sent out this week and next. I asked her if I hadn't received a phone interview does that count me out from being accepted? She would only say, "Wait for the letter".

I don't know what the big secret is with this interview/no interview stuff. If everyone who's accepted has a phone interview just say so. If not, say so. I hate you, NYU Tisch Rita and Burton Goldberg Dramatic Writing Department, because you hate me.

Call me a pessimist but I find it highly unlikely that those of us who didn't get a phone interview and didn't get called with notification of acceptance today will get a letter in the mail telling us we got in. I can be that harsh because I am among the rejects...

No call today, but I'm still thinking about the snoopy-dance I'll have when they do. ;)
If/when folks do call the department, I would keep it nice. Those guys are probably inundated with calls. Not worth the hating. You never know. I had a friend who talked his way off the "wait list" for his Columbia MBA, and got in. keeping hope alive!

Last edited by a moderator:
I got an email today to log in to my online Tisch account. There there was a letter stating that I got waitlisted and needed to send an email to remain on the waitlist.

I think some people may be able to check their acceptance status if they applied via an online account.

Oh yes. WAIT LIST! The drama continues...The fat lady is not even warming-up in my mind. I love this. Wondering how many people are on this lovely list. Betting it is all part of the master plan of DRAMATIC WRITING. Can we put "waitlisted" in the dictionary as a verb? passive, ugh. Put together a list and watch the drama continue. Cool. I am still keeping the faith, my peeps.

They are printing the letters right now.

By my estimation they'll have the envelopes stuffed tomorrow, addressed friday, stamped on tuesday (after a day of rest monday), and picked up by the postal service by wednesday.

And the plot thickens:
This is my first post here, but I thought you might want to hear about my call to the admissions people. I specified that I was a Dramatic Writing Graduate applicant, and asked if it was a negative that I had not yet heard.
I was told that letters didn't start getting sent out until last Thursday, and "not to worry about it just yet."
Is there hope? I guess we'll find out. I'll keep you posted.

Yes, I phoned today as well. I wanted to make sure they had received my email accepting my "wait list status". I was told also that it would be as late as May for any offers were made to folks on the wait list. So, here I am waiting. On the wait list.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone receive anything in the mail from NYU? I talked to them on Tuesday and they said they sent stuff out LAST WEEK. I live in Brooklyn and haven't received anything.

(I was not interviewed or waitlisted)

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous
  • Florida State University - MFA in Writing
    5.00 star(s)
    Degree: MA/MFA
    Concentration: Screenwriting
    Hidden Gem
    Before I get into the details, it's worth mentioning that I'm in my second year at this program and have really enjoyed my time here. I will be...
    • catmom

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back