NYU Tisch MFA Filmmaking 2012

flowerkid

I just received an email from Tisch asking me to check the application decision online. Officially rejected... I am well-prepared though as I was never interviewed and I heard people said "logging in to check decisions" normally means a reject.

I applied for Columbia as well but since there was no interview either, I am waiting for another reject. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

PPK

Hey Flowerkid...did they send you a link to a particular website to check your Application decision?

Or do you just have to log on to the application on the "applyyourself" page?

LDPro

Sorry to hear that flowerkid. I hope you keep your head and keep working on what you love!! :)

I didn't know they have you look online. hmmm... damn...

Still waiting over here though! Keeping a positive attitude!

flowerkid

@PPK:
They are actually two letters, one with my application link and PIN, the other with my password

@LDPro:
Thanks! I surely will, considering about trying next year. Good luck to you!

PPK

@Flowerkid: thanks for the info. Sorry to hear. I guess I'm in the same boat as well. No interview here. Just waiting for my email so I can get some closure :p.

G

Just received the message that I'm on the waitlist. That means I'll probably accept Columbia's offer soon. I'm not too sad since the jury at NYU admitted they didn't even watch my film and Columbia seemed to be much more serious about me.
Anyway, good luck to everybody who hasn't heard anything yet. Cheers!

LDPro

I too was placed on the wait list. I was down about it but that is not a bad thing at all. They liked me enough to get that far so the bad part is just... MORE WAITING! Lol. This is my top choice so I will just keep positive about it and keep working to get better. Good luck to everyone!

@Kashko hey were you like me? All scared when I saw I had to look online!? I thought I was out! Lol damn near cried!

I still have a lump in my chest but that's nothing a little restaurant outing and game of Super Mario Bros won't fix! Lol

G

@Kashko hey were you like me? All scared when I saw I had to look online!? I thought I was out! Lol damn near cried!
I know what you mean, I also was sure it meant I was rejected. I was a little surprised since I thought the interview went well (only the fact they hadn't seen my film was weird, as already mentioned...)
Well, we might meet in New York anyway and I'm always up for a game of Super Mario Bros. with you, Courtney.

Che Gray

@Kaschko and @LDPro. Which discipline did you apply for? I know someone who was also accepted to USC and NYU is going to choose USC so that's one spot open for directing! Anyway it's also not that weird that the jury didn't see your work I don't know if the assistant mentioned this to you before the interview but the way it works is the first committee goes through every single application. Then that committee refers it to a faculty member then that faculty member has to refer it to the jury so the jury isn't going to ask you about your application because they've either only read part of it or none of it at all. That was the faculty members job. The jury's job is what happens in the interview itself. that's what the assistant had told me before I went in for my interview. Anyway I would keep hope alive! And congrats on Columbia.

G

Please don't get me wrong, there's no reason to defend NYU.
I know that not everybody in the jury sees everything of your work. In my case they just said they couldn't play my DVD and were also unable to watch my online link, which I still can't explain. We still had a nice chat though and it was actually a lot of fun.
At Columbia however we spoke about my film for more than 30 minutes so both interviews had been as different as possible. I just felt much more comfortable at Columbia. NYU seemed to be more like a little game while Columbia was really about my dreams and hopes - not taking me for granted.
I'm sure that NYU is still a great school for a lot of people and I give my biggest congratulations to all who got in!

LDPro

I applied for directing. I am applying to USC this summer and also applied to DePaul here in Chicago.

LDPro

hmmmm wondering how I can persuade the already accepted students to gooooo somewhere else... ;) Lol jjjjjkkkkkk! (ok well kind of lol)

PPK

Ok, received a rejection letter today. (Same thing, they provided a link, and had to go there to see Application decision).

I didn't get an interview, so was expecting this. Good luck to the wait listed people, and congrats to everyone who got in! Maybe see you guys in a couple of years :).

duders

Originally posted by coffeebreak:
Hey all, I'm another member of the waitlisted crew. Anyone know how many they really keep on this thing?
Not sure of how many people are on the waitlist. But I'd say chances are slim of getting off it. They accept way more people than they want, knowing that some will not be able to accept. This usually gets them down to the number that they want.

I've never heard of anyone on the waitlist actually getting in. Then again, I might be wrong - does anyone on here know of anyone that was on the waitlist getting into the program?

LDPro

Duders go somewhere with alllll that negative energy lol! Why would you even come in and down the mood with that? I'm wait listed and I am looking to be accepted. And if not then it wasn't my time. We are happy to have gotten this far at a top ten film school and prestigious university. :p

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• International Film Institute of New York
    5.00 star(s)
    The summer intensive film program at Sarah Lawrence was fantastic. We were taught by industry professionals, whom had many years of experience...
    • Ldc88
    5.00 star(s)
    I experienced the most incredible summer at IFI, and I wish I could relive it every day! however, since I cannot , I make do by taking what I...
    • Anonymous
    5.00 star(s)
    I have been engaged with filmmaking since the age of 9 and was searching for a course that could further my knoll which is not always easy to...
    • sgabor
    5.00 star(s)
    The Sarah Lawrence Filmmaker's Collective was the top experience I've had at a summer film program. Start to finish, their top priority was that...
    • sammaggs
    5.00 star(s)
    I went into this camp uncertain of what I wanted to do in college. When I finished the five week intensive program, I knew what I wanted to do for...
    • JacobNurse