NYU Tisch MFA Filmmaking 2012

Che Gray

I agree with LDPro that's awfully negative talk. So I decided to look back into the old threads to find when people got off. In 2009 a discussion about NYU wait-list stated that when they called and asked they were told that an average of between 2-7 people are taken off the wait-list each year. I hope that makes everyone feel better!

Che Gray

p.s. for those of you who are genuinely hopeful about getting off the the wait-list (LDPro :)) I would keep in touch with Susan Carnival via email so that you're always in the back of her head. I don't know how much it will help but it certainly won't hurt to ask questions that pop into your head.

Last edited by a moderator:

LDPro

Thanks Che Gray! You know I am! I asked her when the accepted students need to notify the school and she said May 15 so after that they consider the wait listed students... And that there is no tanking system... So I will definitely make sure SOMEONE knows how much I'd love to be considered again :). Good luck to everyone!

Caroline?Yu

I'm applying for the MFA in Film Production at NYU Tisch where I want to focus on directing/screenwriting.
But I couldn't find the film production option on the page of types of adission.
This is only available in Tisch in Singapore.
Is there a problem?
Does it mean that I can't study Film Production in New York City?

ajchon

Just out of curiosity could someone who received an email asking to call the school tell me what the subject of the e-mail read? Appreciate it!

Cheers,

Knox Harrington

Hello all. I've been trolling the site for months... Just curious if any wait listed applicants have heard back from Tisch. Did anyone receive the email on May 1 implying there would be "movement" soon?

Dylan*61

I did. They told me film has "yet to take students from the list. We hope they start soon". Haven´t recieved any news since then yet.

Dylan*61

Your welcome Knox. The mail I got was around May 2nd. Then I spoke with Susan Carnival, also by mail, who implied they "hoped having news on the list by the end of this month". That was around May 7th. After that, communication breakdown and still waiting. Do you have any useful information they have told you lately?

prithvi

Congratulations to everyone who go in! Now could you guys please tell the rest of us about your experience? What were the jury looking for? Your material, work experience,etc? It would really be helpful.

I'm also quite interested in the process. What aspect of your application do you believe garnered you a spot? Was it your portfolio, personal statement, or experience?

Latest Applications

Latest reviews