Passengers

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
I'm a sucker for sci-fi so I wanted to go see this. Saw it late last night and I enjoyed it. Interesting moral dilemma that Chris Pratt's character had.

The beginning actually reminded me a little bit of WALL-E.

I must say that the plot was a little predictable after the main twist of the film but I didn't really mind, Some of the science was questionable but still didn't mind.

Both actors are a joy to watch so that goes a long way.

Anyone else see it?

icygee

#JusticeForKatya #JusticeForBeyoncé
In the original script the *twist reveal* happens in Act 3 and not the first 15 minutes and I truly do not understand why they didn't keep it that way.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
In the original script the *twist reveal* happens in Act 3 and not the first 15 minutes and I truly do not understand why they didn't keep it that way.
Oh yeah? How'd it happen in act 3 before? The twist I'm talking about might not be the twist you're talking about.

I'm talking about how it was revealed that he was going to wake her up on purpose. From everything I've heard about the film I thought they both woke up at the same time so that was a twist for me... and an extremely interesting moral dilemma. Would you wake someone up... knowing that they would be doomed to live and die on the ship alone with you. Although by the end of the film you realize that if he hadn't woken her up everyone on the ship probably would have died anyway because he couldn't have saved the ship on his own.

Do you mean that in the old script it is revealed that he is 90 years away from the planet in Act 3? Does that mean he wakes her up much later?

Use
Code:
 [SPOILER]text[/SPOILER]
to hide any spoilers or select the text and choose spoiler in the + icon in the editor.

Mike_V

Staff member
TBH, the twist is what turned me completely off from the entire movie. The movie looks great, flows great, sounds great, but the twist completely ruined it for me and I felt like it was a massive violation than a love story.

Chris W

As You Wish
Staff member
TBH, the twist is what turned me completely off from the entire movie. The movie looks great, flows great, sounds great, but the twist completely ruined it for me and I felt like it was a massive violation than a love story.
That's why it's a moral dilemma. I thought it made the film even more interesting.

If the twist didn't happen they all would have died anyways.... since if the twist didn't happen he wouldn't have been able to save the ship at the end.

Mike_V

Staff member
I think that if they stuck with how the trailer presented their story, it would have worked fine and probably better because there would be no violation like what happened.
I think it reminds me of stockholm syndrome all the way to the end.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews