Portfolio Film (as of 2/18) Accepted - Austin, Interviews - AFI, NYU, Columbia

Patrick Clement

Supporter
Wanted to share my singular Directing MFA video portfolio item. I submitted only this film (or portions of the film) as my portfolios.

As of today (4/19/16) I have had:

Acceptances
Austin
Columbia

Waitlist
NYU
AFI

Interviews
NYU
AFI
Columbia

Just as a note, I am not a very strong academic student. I'm a 3.0ish student with two years of Community College and two years at a University. I made this film during a two year break between the two. Also, since the film is still making rounds with festivals, I can only post our trailers and some BTS video.

Thanks and good luck!

Last edited:

ziggy224

I understand why Columbia would choose you over me. Some truly appealing shots there, colours make it look so vivid and real. You've got a great eye.

What camera did you use?

P.S.: Scratch that, looked it up on imdb. :D

Patrick Clement

Supporter
I understand why Columbia would choose you over me. Some truly appealing shots there, colours make it look so vivid and real. You've got a great eye.

What camera did you use?

P.S.: Scratch that, looked it up on imdb. :D
Hey thank you for the compliments. It isn't about picking one person over another, just different.

I uploaded a new BTS video yesterday, if you want to see it:

Last edited:

BadouBoy

found the full version online and almost shed a tear at the end. Thanks for this inspiring piece of work.

Patrick Clement

Supporter
found the full version online and almost shed a tear at the end. Thanks for this inspiring piece of work.
Hey thanks!!!! I actually needed to update this post with new links!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest Film School Reviews

• California Institute of the Arts (CalArts) - Program in Film and Video (B.F.A.)
    4.00 star(s)
    CalArts Film/Video Undergrad Experience
    CalArts' Film program is known to be more experimental; however, I wouldn't say it focuses solely on art-house cinema or experimental cinema, but...
    • Anonymous
  • Cleveland State University - School of Film & Media Arts
    2.00 star(s)
    An affordable option if you're willing to dedicate the time to teach yourself.
    I graduated from CSU's film program right before they revamped it to include a BFA option. I was mostly interested in screenwriting and that...
    • JPG
  • University of North Texas
    3.00 star(s)
    You Get What You Put In
    Started the program off with an intro film professor who had no desire to help me learn. A lot of classes you need to get through before you can...
    • Anonymous
  • School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) - Film, Video, New Media, and Animation
    5.00 star(s)
    Studying film at SAIC can be a challenging choice.
    Pros 1. amazing facilities and equipment. (it's a private art school-they are rich) a.Red Scarlet and Steadicam for several higher-level classes...
    • Anonymous
  • New York Film Academy (NYFA)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Online Courses, Lame Admin
    I have an MFA in TV production that I haven't used in 30 years. I took the one-week film making course to morph from TV jargon to film and update...
    • Anonymous

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications