questions to ask during interview (1 Viewer)

dorkydiana

hey peeps so i just got an interview request for lmu and i was wondering if u guys could drop some questions u would normally ask during an interview...i have a really bad habit of blanking out during interviews like for jobs and stuff and i end up looking so stupid bc everything seems pretty self explanatory to me? but then they’re like u got any questions and i literally can’t think of any so i was wondering if y’all could just stop some q’s u would generally ask during an interview...i literally don’t know where to even begin 😩 sorry if i sound stupid for asking this omg
0BF6A135-1BF8-401E-817A-22EC5777EA01.jpeg

A_J

I think the best thing to do is to ask questions that are specific to the program you are interviewing for. Read through the website and any other info available and come up with some questions. It will show them that you took the time to research and learn about the specific program and that you care about attending the school. You could ask questions about internship opportunities or the specific curriculum etc. Maybe there is something unique the school offers that you want to know more about. Even if you think things are self explanatory ask anyway. Show them you’ve done the research and get them talking about their program, then listen for things you can ask follow up questions about. Also, I think it’s totally fair to have your questions written down to refer to in the interview so you don’t have to memorize them.
You don’t sound stupid for asking btw, I struggle to come up with good interview questions as well and I think most people do.

dorkydiana

I think the best thing to do is to ask questions that are specific to the program you are interviewing for. Read through the website and any other info available and come up with some questions. It will show them that you took the time to research and learn about the specific program and that you care about attending the school. You could ask questions about internship opportunities or the specific curriculum etc. Maybe there is something unique the school offers that you want to know more about. Even if you think things are self explanatory ask anyway. Show them you’ve done the research and get them talking about their program, then listen for things you can ask follow up questions about. Also, I think it’s totally fair to have your questions written down to refer to in the interview so you don’t have to memorize them.
You don’t sound stupid for asking btw, I struggle to come up with good interview questions as well and I think most people do.
thank u so much for this honestly and i’m definitely gonna do that hopefully they’ll be good q’s for them hehe THANK U
E0308545-C09A-4CEB-9BAD-DFF0EF4B9406.jpeg

j18

Advice: don't ask about internship opportunities, everyone asks about that (including me last year) lol
I know we're all interested in working and growing as screenwriters, but I feel like they're expecting a specific question about their program, something that shows them we're more concerned about evolving as screenwriters than anything else.
Sending you and everyone else good energies, let the interviews begin ✨

A_J

Advice: don't ask about internship opportunities, everyone asks about that (including me last year) lol
I know we're all interested in working and growing as screenwriters, but I feel like they're expecting a specific question about their program, something that shows them we're more concerned about evolving as screenwriters than anything else.
Sending you and everyone else good energies, let the interviews begin ✨
Just to play devil’s advocate here, I actually feel like it’s very fair to ask about internship opportunities. Especially at a school that isn’t in LA where those opportunities might not be so obvious. Even if everyone asks that question because the goal (to me) isn’t to ask the most unique question that no one else is asking, the goal is to get info and show specific interest. They already know you’re interested in growing as a screenwriter — it’s the reason you’re applying to school. But yes, I agree specific questions about the program are the best way to show that interest and show you’ve done your research.

Alfie

Something that’s really important to me is finance. I don’t want to blow all the money I don’t have on a degree. And so I feel it is reasonable to ask about TA opportunities because those tend to reduce tuition and also expose you to a bunch of people and experiences.

KeenanDK

Any question is a good question. I prepare people for interviews (mostly media) for a living and the worst thing to do, when given a chance to speak, is say nothing.

They're giving you time, however you use that time is up to you. Use it to sell yourself, to gain vital info FOR YOU, to show you've done research. Use it, exploit it, leverage it

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Student Films Made at Film Programs

A248
Views
Reaction score
One man's mission to document and preserve the history and pop culture of the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. Tommy Gelinas was born and raised in the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. He grew up visiting restaurants, malls, and many other venues that slowly declined and...
Film Program
Loyola Marymount University
Course
PROD 600
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Documentary
Duration/Running Time
13:52
Film Completion
Dec 1, 2020
A248
Views
Reaction score
An artist invites an especially harsh critic to her studio for an exclusive preview of her latest work.
Film Program
Course
PROD 550
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Horror
Duration/Running Time
6:01
Film Completion
May 1, 2019
A248
Views
Reaction score
In the midst of a global pandemic, a very paranoid vampire orders contactless food delivery.
Film Program
Course
PROD 685
Film Type
Assignment
Genre
Comedy
Duration/Running Time
1:24
Film Completion
Aug 1, 2020

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications