Rejections Support Group 2023

Chris W

The night was sultry...
Staff member
Have you gotten a rejection? Don't worry - it takes a while to get in sometimes. We've had applicants apply for over three times before finally getting in.

If you've been denied... Are you going to apply again?

As always don't forget to log your applications in our database so we can improve our acceptance data for the programs.

Definitely apply again!

Here's a blog post one of our members wrote about being denied a while back:

So you've been denied to grad school, now what?

So you've been denied to grad school, now what?

It's nearly the end of March and for the second year in a row, I have not received any acceptances for the MFA screenwriting programs I applied to. Of the 4 programs, currently I have two denials, one interview, and one I have not heard anything from. So now what? First, I admit to myself that...

Supporting Members can have their own blog on the site. :)

Also some times it takes many times to get into film school AND THAT'S OKAY!

After Three Years of Rejection, I Got Into The Two Best Film Schools in The World. Here Are The Five Things I Learned...

After Three Years of Rejection, I Got Into The Two Best Film Schools in The World. Here Are The Five Things I Learned...

So...you’re applying for film school, huh? I mean, that’s just my assumption. Not sure why you would bother reading this otherwise, especially with where we are currently in The Cycle of Applications. These next couple weeks are pretty much when all the major film school programs have their...

I posted this on a comment to @jfjburns95 application but I'll post it here too.

Keep writing and creating and working and learning and you will succeed. Remember film school isn't the end goal but a possible path towards the goal. Film School is part of your plan to get a job and work in the industry and not the end goal itself. It's not the only path there and a certain school or program is not the only path there. If film school itself is the goal then what? Don't be like the dog who caught the car. :) Keep working hard, writing, creating, collaborating, and learning and you will get there. There are a ton of jobs in this industry and we need talented people.

Check out our interview with @Patrick Clement here who has similar advice on the matter:

Q & A With Patrick Clement, Columbia MFA Screenwriting & Directing Student

Q & A With Patrick Clement, Columbia MFA Screenwriting & Directing Student

"I went to Columbia because I wanted to be a better storyteller and understanding structure... and I do think my storytelling has gotten better and more complex and deeper and I'm really grateful to Columbia.... they delivered exactly what I expected them to deliver." Recently I had the...

Log your film school application with our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Log your own Application with our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Film School Reviews

• Rome International Film School
    5.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Alumni
    Degree: Certificate
    thank you R.I.F.S!
    I recently participated in their 10 - Week Program and I could not recommend it enough! This was the first time that I found a comprehensive film...
    • olivia.altiok
  • University of Colorado at Boulder (BFA)
    4.00 star(s)
    Degree: BA/BS/BFA
    BFA University of Colorado at Boulder BFA Film Production
    Honest review. CU Boulder is an interesting place to learn filmmaking. The University boasts some excellent professors who are actively making...
    • Anonymous
  • University of Central Florida - School of Visual Arts & Design
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film - Feature/TV Writing
    UCF Film BFA (College of Sciences - School of Communication)
    UCF's BFA program is split into 4 modalities: narrative production, documentary production, experimental production, and feature/tv writing. I...
    • Anonymous
  • Syracuse University
    4.00 star(s)
    Reviewed by: Current Student
    Concentration: Film
    Syracuse Film and Media Arts - BFA Film
    I'm in my last year at Syracuse University as a member of the department of Film and Media Arts, and it's been a lot of ups and downs. There's a...
    • Anonymous
  • Fitchburg State University
    5.00 star(s)
    Concentration: Film/Video and Theater
    A Great School with Great Professors!
    I was a student there from 2018-2022 and had a great experience. I would recommend it to anyone, especially people living within Massachusetts...
    • Anonymous

Latest Applications

Latest questions

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications

Applications
Articles
Forums
Film Schools
Scholarships
Back