Scholarships/Stipends

runningupthathill

Hi everyone,

I apologize if there's a post that already addresses these questions. I'll be applying to film school in the Fall for an MFA in Directing (UCLA, USC, Tisch, and Columbia) and I was wondering if anyone could share their experiences with receiving scholarships, federal aid, and stipends. Do these schools tend to be generous with scholarship money for MFA students? How common are stipends and full-ride scholarships? To give you some background, I'm a 25 year old self taught woman filmmaker and I'm looking to go to film school to hone my craft and make connections. I've been working in an unrelated field since I graduated college 3 years ago so I'm planning to eventually transition into directing as a career. My first short went on to play some mid-tier festivals including an Oscar qualifier and had a pretty successful online run. I have a ton of student loans from my BA so I can't take out more and I also fully support myself financially so I can't afford to go to back to school full time without a job or a generous stipend. Does anyone have experience with working full time while pursuing an MFA? Is it feasible?

Thank you in advance for sharing your insights and experiences!

Add your film school application to our Application Database so that we can improve our admissions statistics.

Add Application…

Latest Accepted Applications

Acceptance Data
For up to date Film School Acceptance Rates, including Minimum GPAs, Minimum Test Scores, After Interview and Off-Waitlist Acceptance Rates, Film Experience and Undergraduate degrees of accepted applicants, Age data, and other acceptance statistics for your film program of choice simply navigate to the Acceptance Rates tab on each film school's page in our Film School Database.

For example:
Add your own Application to our application database to help improve the site's acceptance data.

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

Latest Articles

Latest Accepted Applications