So I just read some threads from 2015

dorkydiana

Turns out those who got rejected never received emails??? They just got their letters in the mail around mid-March (which, if you ask me, is cruel).

Apparently, someone had done this thing where they logged into:

camel2.usc.edu/AdmGradCertification/

(just put in your USC ID and birthday) and they said the screen led to a thing asking if they’d accept their offer of admission....they posted that February 21, 2015 and didn’t receive an official email until about a day to three days later!

So I don’t know what this information could mean, but I’m guessing it’ll be a bit helpful to others like it was for me!

Good luck to everyone and I hope you’re all not going as crazy as I am playing the waiting game :/

WriterK90

Lifetime Supporter
Have you checked the spreadsheets from 2015 - 2018? It's a great way to compare dates and get an idea of what to expect. For example, USC screenwriting will notify the accepted applicants at the same time, usually the same day or within a day or two. If you don't hear anything on that day, it's a good chance you are denied. In 2018 they sent the denied letter by email two to three weeks later based on the tracking sheets.

Turns out those who got rejected never received emails??? They just got their letters in the mail around mid-March (which, if you ask me, is cruel).

This may not be great news for all the international applicants. I know some countries' postal services aren't the best. Maybe with the Mexican postal service, I get my rejection letter by December.

Let's add this to the reasons to get a nervous breakdown.

Latest Classifieds

Latest Applications

Latest reviews

• SUNY Purchase - Playwriting & Screenwriting BA
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent Quality Program
    I want to start off by mentioning that I came to Purchase as a transfer student from another liberal arts college and screenwriting program. This...
    • AlcB
  • Columbia College Chicago - Cinema Art + Science (B.A. & B.F.A.)
    3.00 star(s)
    Good undergrad craft school
    I'd like to preface this by saying I graduated a while ago. It's possible that the school has changed significantly since then so take what I say...
    • Anonymous
  • American University - School of Communication (B.A.)
    1.00 star(s)
    Very Unhappy with the Film Program
    I apologize for the very long post, but I have a lot of things to say about the Film and Media Arts department at AU. I am EXTREMELY unhappy...
    • Anonymous
  • LMU - Film & Television Production (M.F.A.)
    5.00 star(s)
    Excellent choice for a well-rounded film education experience
    LMU's Film and Television Production MFA program is a great choice for students who want a well-rounded film education. You are able to make both...
    • A248
  • USC Cinematic Arts - Film and Television Production (MFA)
    2.00 star(s)
    Great Marketing, Subpar Reality
    I'm writing this review because there wasn't a lot of clear info when I was applying so I hope that this can offer some clarification beyond the...
    • Anonymous